Samurai - After Market Mirrors For Samurai with Doors Removed - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-10-2007, 05:39 PM
vegasmadmax

Samurai - After Market Mirrors For Samurai with Doors Removed

We have a 1986 Samurai with stock mirrors mounted on the doors. They are broken and someday we wish to have quick release doors.

What are our best options for aftermaket or junkyard mirrors sans doors?

Thanks in advance for your assistance and for your time.

Last edited by vegasmadmax; 06-10-2007 at 05:55 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 08:28 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Check with Hawk's Suzuki , you can use the earlier model mirrors that are a nice small rectangle and mount them just ahead of the door on the top of the cowl . Same with the other parts you are looking for ...
Sarge

Midwest Performance Parts
Weber Modifications/Rebuilds & Parts
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-16-2007, 07:27 AM

I do not have the below setup anymore as I have a rack assembly that allows me to use the complete mirror assembly from the below description. Back when I did not have the rack, I did the following.

I used some cheap universal handlebar mount motorcycle mirrors. I cannot remember where I bought them, but they were like $10 per. Here is a real close example of what I have. You will have to modify the mounting piece a little, but overall that should be easy.

The mount itself was made from a bent piece of metal. That was mounted to the body with a couple of longer screws in the stock door hinge area. It was just a simple flat piece with a 90 degree bend. I drilled a hole in the flat area that allowed for the mirror to be mounted and then two holes that matched two of the holes for the body side of the the door hinge.

The only complaint I can think of is that the mirrors were sort of slung low. Tall brush would rub them, but never bent them. I will try to find some old pictures of that incarnation.

Total cost of project was about $15 and an hour.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 03:34 PM
Journeyman

mirror mounts

I dont remember who\where I got mine but I am pretty sure several vendors sell something very similar, it uses stock samurai mirrors, mounts on door hinge screws. My only complaint is that the passenger side mirror is hard to see through because the pillar hides a lot of it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg doorless mirror mount.jpg (37.0 KB, 15 views)

96 Cherokee Country

Last edited by hippie; 06-28-2007 at 03:45 PM. Reason: better pic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode