Designing front link suspension - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-27-2007, 05:09 AM Thread Starter

Designing front link suspension

G'day all,

I have been looking around for information on designing a link suspension with coils for my Zook. I have found a lot on the rear suspension but really nothing about the front end. I have been reading through this Truck Suspensions, Four-Link Suspensions, and Suspension Installs - Part 2 - 4 Wheel & Off Road and have plotted it all out for my zook as it states. It looks as though I should be able to get the rear end within limits of this article without too many problems. The problem I do have is that I cannot find anything pertaining to the front suspension. I do not even know what sort of linkage would be best suited. My Zook will see a lot of highway use as well so it must handle well on the road. I know there will be some compromise because of this but thats fine, I have never planned it to be an extreme hard core offroad vehicle. Should I look at a 3 link, 4 link, 5 link or something else? Are there any tech docs out there such as the above covering the front suspension?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2007, 10:11 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazook View Post
G'day all,

I have been looking around for information on designing a link suspension with coils for my Zook. I have found a lot on the rear suspension but really nothing about the front end. I have been reading through this Truck Suspensions, Four-Link Suspensions, and Suspension Installs - Part 2 - 4 Wheel & Off Road and have plotted it all out for my zook as it states. It looks as though I should be able to get the rear end within limits of this article without too many problems. The problem I do have is that I cannot find anything pertaining to the front suspension. I do not even know what sort of linkage would be best suited. My Zook will see a lot of highway use as well so it must handle well on the road. I know there will be some compromise because of this but thats fine, I have never planned it to be an extreme hard core offroad vehicle. Should I look at a 3 link, 4 link, 5 link or something else? Are there any tech docs out there such as the above covering the front suspension?

The easy way will be a 3 link radius style setup with a pan hard bar.Your front Lower links 35" long off the bottom of the frame. 14-16" coils depending on the ride height you want. Here is a pic of Okie zuks setup
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-04-2007, 03:00 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockrat View Post
Here is a pic of Okie zuks setup
Do you know what Okie's charging for that setup? I imagine he can do one easy for air shox?

Hmmmm, I'm thinking *maybe* I can spend just a little more before the baby arrive.

Yankee Tim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode