Look what i just bought for 430$ - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 02:36 AM Thread Starter

Look what i just bought for 430$

Yeah thats right guys! workin my mojo on ebay and BAM! snagged me a good'un that needs an engine. HA im gonna need both airbags too! So now i need to find an engine near Provo, cause thats where its getting triple a'd to my sister in laws. I found one in Ohio with 118k on it for 500 and its 170 to freight it to the nearest terminal. Not bad, well worth the price in my book. I checked car-parts for engines, anyone else have suggestions as to where i can find them, perhaps any closer? I think im going to fix it, coil space it and put 30's on it and drive it to denver for my cousin to use. Even has a/c, wow ive stepped up in life! LOL

eBay Motors: Cars & Trucks : Geo (item 270105689875 end time Apr-05-07 12:48:57 PDT)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 05:59 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Here is a good one in FL. Jim
1.6l engine for sale
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 09:47 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the heads up, but im looking for a 16v and a wee bit closer than Fl. I have a few weeks to shop around before i swap them out. What this really means for me is that i can strip the current 95 tracker that i own down, and put the engine in my sammi so itl be a 16v auto like i intended it to be. Should make a nice upgrade.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-07-2007, 12:43 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Sweet deal......looks like the start of a good project!

88.5 Samuri JX Buggy
'96 Tracker 4-Door family wheeler

The ZookiMelt Guy!!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 10:17 AM Thread Starter

Does anyone know whats stopping me from putting a 95 engine in? Is it the switch year for obd II. It seems to be a more smog related issue, and the rig is cali approved (not for long). Most of the yards im calling say it has to be a 96 engine for a T code.
Ive spoken with the guy and he says that it has oil in it, but the engine doesnt turn over? I thought maybe it was a bad timing belt at first but these are interference engines right. So a few bent valves but still turning bottom end, unless his daughter (whom was driving it at the time of failure) really did weld the engine up. We shall see shortly, im giving my work some notice to head over there at the end of the month three weeks from today.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 08:35 AM
Keyboard Implanted

I think the big issue on the 95 engine is the crank sensor. otherwise you can swap over all of the ODB2 stuff. 96-98 are straight swap in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxnhid View Post
Does anyone know whats stopping me from putting a 95 engine in? Is it the switch year for obd II. It seems to be a more smog related issue, and the rig is cali approved (not for long). Most of the yards im calling say it has to be a 96 engine for a T code.
Ive spoken with the guy and he says that it has oil in it, but the engine doesnt turn over? I thought maybe it was a bad timing belt at first but these are interference engines right. So a few bent valves but still turning bottom end, unless his daughter (whom was driving it at the time of failure) really did weld the engine up. We shall see shortly, im giving my work some notice to head over there at the end of the month three weeks from today.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 03:04 PM Thread Starter

Thanks glenn, that just means its open season on all 16valves. Crank sensor shmenser who needs that anyway? No really though, its a remove and replace thing? How good can it get? Im thinking of ditching both sammi's now after this season and starting a buildup of the trackers. Saw that 4dr in vermont on the pirates site, and although i wouldnt put the chevy drivetrain in it, doesnt that look like fun. That pirate site has some good tech stuff on it. Put a stinger front bumper on the 95 last night. Easy as pie to make some bends, cut some pipe and presto. Heidi was not impressed. She saw it and said "that looks ok i guess" Translated into, what is that abortion of metal work doing on the front?! I thought id paint it pink to dress it up, but what if i have to drive it? Oh well. To cold to paint it now anyways.
Glenn, any comments on the ott tracker to toyota transfer case adapter? Thought that looked like a sweat way to hook up the drive line. Does that require an extra crossmember or just a beefed up bushing?

Im headed out to salt lake at the end of the month to swap engines. Ill be around till then.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 03:27 PM
Keyboard Implanted

the crank sensor is on the bottom of the crank on the front of the motor.
I think you need the matching crank for the sensor. I haven't really messed with the 16V much. (just run them)
I would go with the ODB2 motors it will be a lot easier. Trackers are nice because of the interior and finish is better than the sami but the sami will always hold a place in my heart.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 11:15 PM

First thing you should do is figure out what is wrong with the current motor. it could be somthing realy simple. A friend once got a rig realy cheap because a mechanic told them the motor was toast. All it had wrong with it was carbon buildup.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 04-14-2007, 09:56 PM
Apprentice

Exclamation

If they test with the scanner up there, that would be a problem unless it's just going to be a trail rig.

I heard I was getting a sweater for Christmas. Too bad, I was hoping for a moaner or a screamer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode