Hmm....wiping the dust off - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-01-2007, 12:13 PM Thread Starter

Hmm....wiping the dust off

Well its been three years. Im wiping the dust off my rigs and prepping them for battle. But before i do, just a few questions pertaining to the New England area.
Is wheeling legal here anymore? Ive heard that everything is shut down.
Do people still get together and bang wrenches on rigs during mid week or is that all weekend stuff?
Whom should i contact (homebrew dealer im hoping) for a bolt on adaption kit for a toy axle to a sammi with yj springs. I would like to give my money to the smaller shops, no offense to rocky road or calmini if possible.

Its been some time, but i thought id come here first to touch base. My wife is driving me crazy to crawl back under the rigs and get them ready...she wants to drive.

Thanks for any and all feedback. Max
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-01-2007, 08:21 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Hey Max,
Not sure on the East Coast scene , whole areas of this country are having issues w/parks and public lands as far as wheelin is concerned . Look at Sky Mfg, Rock4X , and Trail Tough for the Toy/YJ swap kits .
Sarge

Midwest Performance Parts
Weber Modifications/Rebuilds & Parts
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 05:18 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Great to see you back in action!!!

Check your PM's........

All Good Medicine,
Crow

Creator, everything we do leaves a track. May our tracks be ones we would want you to see and others to follow......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 11:07 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Hey Max Sue and I where talking about you last week. (just wondering how you all where!)
as for wheeling other than Beacon being closed about the same.
Florida road is still open for in and out last I knew but not sure as I haven't been up that way in a bit.
Check out rockrat for kits or sky maybe.
If you get out our way stop in Alan would love to see ya (and so would we!)
Glenn
Rock 4X Fabrication.com store
is one.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 07:16 PM Thread Starter

Thats so very odd, Heidi and I were talking about heading out your way and had wondered if Alan made it back safely this week. Our ears were burning! What are you doing here? I thought you gave up wheeling?? Last i spoke with you, it was build that jeep for a sunday runner and fading off in the distance....Im very happy to hear that your still in action. Joe and I almost purchased a garage out in gardner Ma so we could have a hobbiest place to work on all our stuff. After a survey of the property, we decided that it was not the right choice. We miss you all a great deal. It would be nice to see everyone again and get together. I still have mon-tue off as my weekends, cause i cant give up sat-sun.
Oh yeah, Heidi and I went to Italy and Greece and Crotia for three weeks in Aug-sept. IT WAS UNBELIEVABLE, and i cant wait to go back. But first i have to build the tracker and one of these sammi's. I have to get rid of one of these sammi's too, but its a tough choice... Id like to hear your opinion on what you think, but its too much to type. Maybe i could drop you a line, or stop by and we could talk about it?
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-03-2007, 10:18 AM Thread Starter

So ive decided to do yj springs to toyota axles with missing links up front. I think im going to try to put the auto in as well, widen the tunnel, run lines and replace the radiator, add a cooler. Am i missing something besides fabbing a cross member? Do they make adapters to add the divorce case to the tracker transfer? I see the Rat adapter to put on my toy shaft. That should get me by for Memorial day. Im going to make that a target date for my first outing...probably without the tranny in at this time.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-04-2007, 04:40 PM
Keyboard Implanted

HOLY CRAP ITS MAX! You and Heidi are married now? How is Orion? Things are slow around here now. I moved my sami out of the garage to do some spring cleaning and was telling a buddy about the 'good old days'. Where you at now? Glad to see you guys are still around, hope to see more action around here...

Bacon is quite wonderful
Bacon is quite good
I would eat it every day
If I freakin could
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-04-2007, 09:17 PM Thread Starter

Ill give you some action... When do you want to hook up, im 15 minutes away!?? Im so there if its a mon or tue night. I have those days off, and it would be great to see you. Heidi and i were married while on this board ya silly goose. Still married and laughing our butts off every day it seems. I will look foward to hearing from you.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 07:41 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Married here, oh? I have trouble remembering when I was married
I live in Milford NH, but work in Bedford MA. I kinda do an 'on call' type of work schedule so I get some week days off sometimes. It would be great to see you guys...

Bacon is quite wonderful
Bacon is quite good
I would eat it every day
If I freakin could
post #10 of (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 09:08 PM
Keyboard Implanted

actually from what i can recall, heidi married him, or at least said your gonna marry me damnit. The cool part was they bought tires together and went wheelin on the honeymoon.

Will
"It aint the wand its the magician"
Tread lightly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode