T.T. Rock Block - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-05-2005, 05:02 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

T.T. Rock Block

I was wondering if anyone here has any first hand experence with the Rock Block from T.T? I'm thinking about getting one, but before I drop that kind of coin, I'd really like to get some feedback on one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-05-2005, 05:12 PM

Re: T.T. Rock Block

I've got one in the Popsicle. All I can say is with a 6:1 case and a rock block it is VERY low. I put it in low/low and got of the zuk. I was able to walk all the way around it before it moved 15 feet. The only drawback is that it really shouldn't be run on the street. When you shift the RB from low to high and back the yokes on the input/output get out of phase. Then at street speeds it will vibrate a bit. But, if you stop before you go on the street and put them in phase it is fine. I talked to Brent a good bit about it and he said that it still shouldn't be used on the street. I like mine a lot. Can't wait to wheel it in April at Zuwharrie [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-05-2005, 10:51 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

the main reasion I want one is so I can have the super low crawl ability off-road, but still have decent gearing for when I drive the sami on-road.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-06-2005, 04:03 AM
Aprentice

I almost bought a rock block, but for the reasons inicated by NC zuk, I held off. My rig is a daily driver and wheeler and needs less good vibrations than what it has now. I am hopeful that spidertrax will make a version that bolts to the back of tha sammy tranny and eliminate the driveline phasing problem. I think my 6.5 tacse and thorax 2:1 would give me the best offroad and on the road.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-06-2005, 09:18 AM
Keyboard Implanted

There are other routes you can go to get ultra-low crawl ratios (with some serious BEEF) and for about the same price or less if you are a good shopper. Think RingR, W56, dual yota tcase adapter (inchworm, AA, or marlin), and a set of reduced gears (choose from 4.0, 4.7, or 5.0.) With stock diff gearing you'd be at approximately 124, 146, or 155:1 depending on the gears you went with. You can accomplish all this stuff for $1250 or less.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-06-2005, 09:26 AM
Keyboard Implanted

and if you would like to fit bigger meats due to your lower gearing, you can do this
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-06-2005, 11:43 AM

there are 4 different ones out right now

http://www.spidertrax.com/drivetrain_thx.htm
http://www.trailtough.com/
http://www.ottindustries.com/kicker3.htm

there is one more I dont know where to find it but it was a new case for the front of the samurai case that held the kick gears.

spidertrax one requires the t case to be moved uses sidekick tranny

trail tough uses stock tranny stock t case position but has fazing issues with the driveline (I would just drill 2 sight holes and put rubber expansion plugs comonly used in pluming in them)

OTT uses stock t case position and kick tranny

I am shure there is more info out there I personally like the kicker 3 because it is a very simple setup and I have all the needed parts tranny t case ect but if you want simple (no tranny tunnle mods) the rock block would be better. in my opinion
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-06-2005, 01:01 PM

I remember seeing a dual tcase setup at zookimelt a couple of years ago. But i dont remember who was selling it?
post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-06-2005, 01:29 PM
Keyboard Implanted

[ QUOTE ]
I personally like the kicker 3 because it is a very simple setup and I have all the needed parts tranny t case ect but if you want simple (no tranny tunnle mods) the rock block would be better.

[/ QUOTE ]
Its more work but I think having the engine, transmission and T-cases all married together makes it worth the effort. Mine is smoooth.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-06-2005, 03:48 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

[ QUOTE ]
I remember seeing a dual tcase setup at zookimelt a couple of years ago. But i dont remember who was selling it?

[/ QUOTE ]
Tim Porter was building them, but can't remember that guys that were actually doing the selling of them.
But would a dual set up mess me up on road? I'm currently running a 4.10 T-case and 4.62 diff gears. I like the idea of maybe running a stock T-Case behind mine, or that kicker 3 set up.
[img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode