Tricked Out Trail/Street Sammy - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-31-2005, 12:11 PM
bigsuzuki86

Tricked Out Trail/Street Sammy

What could I do to make a Samurai into a awesome Trail rig with 35's or so but keeping it a go handling Daily Driver?
What motor? I was thinking maybe vortech V-6? Like I said I would like to put 35" boggers on it. Would a 8:1 t-case be a good investment or would it be a bit to low geared for mud? But all the mud there will be is what's on the trail. It would be mostly hill's and tight twisty turns around trees and other stuff. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-31-2005, 01:07 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Tricked Out Trail/Street Sammy

[ QUOTE ]
What could I do to make a Samurai into a awesome Trail rig

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a heck of a lot, they are pretty capable rigs especially for the situations you'll be wheeling in. I wheel with guys whose rigs are all built up more than me and I still feel that mine is fairly capable. I mean, I sweat a little more and people wince sometimes at lines I take but I make it (to me that's capable).

Gears are a must for any size tire you increase to.

35's will only give you more headaches if you only do 35's and gears.

I'd say no to boggers especially if you're side-hilling a lot. I like boggers but they are mostly a singular purpose tire.

If you SEARCH based your ideas/wants/etc you'll extend the bang for your buck and your rig will end up being a lot more capable.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-31-2005, 02:16 PM
Keyboard Implanted

IMO...if your hell bent on running 35's, you might want to consider an axel swap. Maybe a Toyota axel or something like that. Sami axels don't seem to like tires much bigger than a 33, & throw Boggers & a V-6 on top of that & your just asking for broken stuff...lol.
A good, low geared T-case along with some low diff gears will have you geared about right to get some decent road preformance as well as off-road.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-31-2005, 02:40 PM
bigsuzuki86

Well I already have toyota axles and 33's!
What tires do you think I should run? I was going to try the new BFG M/T's. They look just like the Krawlers but they are for mud. Do you think they would be a good tire for my purpose? What lift do you think I should run? I was wondering if anyone has expirience with a coil suspension? I was thinking about building my own. I know it will be difficult and theres several factors to think about such as anti-dive and anti-squat. How is the street/highway performance and ride of coils? And do you think the 8:1 gears would be a good investment?
Thanks for you help
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-01-2005, 01:18 PM
Keyboard Implanted

8:1 gears in a stock zuk case behind a v-6 is just asking for problems.. If you want that adapt a v-6 to a Toy trans and case 5:01 is as low of gear you can get for the case. but the v-6 would make up for it with the 1:1 high range. Or go with a divorced Toy case behind your choice of motor trans combo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode