Sidekick running problems - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-28-2005, 01:16 PM
nasty6966

Sidekick running problems

Hi, I am wondering if someone can help! I have a 93 Sidekick with 1.6 16v eng. and am having running problems. At first it was a slight hickup when accel in 1st and 2nd then went away. Last week thing was barely running and black smoke, smell of fuel from tailpipe. Local shop checked ign, codes etc and found # 3 injector dumping fuel. Replaced that and was better (for 2 days) now doing same thing. Will barely accel, black smoke, raw fuel etc...
Any suggestions ? - no codes, ign patterns ok, cant find any damaged wires etc...

someone told me that these things are bad for carboning up ?

any input? [img]images/graemlins/wall.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-28-2005, 05:25 PM
RCWX

Re: Sidekick running problems

With the 93 16 valve you should have the MFI engine, and if that is the case, take a look at your Pulsation Damper. It is located on the fuel feed end of the delivery pipe that is plumbed to each injector.

If the pulsation damper malfunctions it will allow the injectors to be pulsed open and cause a rich fuel condition, very lousy running, black smoke, and a raw fuel smell from the exhaust.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-28-2005, 05:40 PM
nasty6966

how do I know if the pulsation damper is no good ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-30-2005, 05:34 PM

what do you do to "Check" it?

my 16v engine has been loosing power and going through gas like theres no tomorrow.

but no black smoke or fuel smell.
I get the code 13, which could be air fuel sensor, Map sensor, pressure regulator, basic tune up stuff (rotor cap wires plugs), water temp sensor, throttle positioning sensor,

been too cold lately to want to try to check each one of them

but from other's experience with these engines, what has been most likly to go out in the list I put in?

thanks
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-30-2005, 11:42 PM
nasty6966

Oxygen sensor might be no good if u are going thru lots of fuel.
Mine is running ok now but we never did find the problem. My tech at work tried everything to find the source but it started running good again. Maybe just poking around all the wires and removing the ecm something got jiggled back into the right place ? I dunno but I am just glad it is running normal again (for now)
I am thinking of selling it just because I need something reliable for me and my baby.

I will keep my fingers crossed [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode