Weber and manifold Q - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-25-2005, 04:35 PM Thread Starter
Stranger

Weber and manifold Q

Hey,

I am sure I am not the first to notice but the manifold on a 1.3 is slanted. I know that folks complain that their weber floods and they turn it around and it floods going the other way down the hill.... Here's the question, has anyone ever milled the manifold level? I am guessing that
would make both ways at least the same up and down hill.
I'll attatch a pic or two.... the plate is an adapter I am making for a 36 DCN* synchro. carb.

-Allen
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1381653-slant2.jpg (53.8 KB, 31 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-25-2005, 07:18 PM
tZUKnami

Re: Weber and manifold Q

No. The reason the Weber works better uphill if you mount it backwards is because of the orientation of the bowl vent.
With it mounted normally instead of backwards the float bowl vents and dribbles fuel right into the air correction jets. The only way to make it exactly the same up and down hill would be to mount it 90degrees from what it is designed for. But then you'd have side hill problems,and possible issues in corners... not to mention it would not fit worth a damn.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2005, 12:11 AM
Keyboard Implanted

The manifold's mounting surface for the carb is slanted to match the angle of the engine as it sits on the mounts . Your DCN really should be modified to close off and tube the vent area at the top front edge of the bowl. You'll have to remove the top to see the area I'm referring to but you will get the idea . Fuel cannot be allowed to slosh into the air correctors or the main circuit becomes fouled. I'll see if I can upload some pics of the adapters for the 40DCNF12 that is about to be installed on mine . How do you plan to address the throttle linkage and cold enrichment linkage?
Sarge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2005, 08:38 AM Thread Starter
Stranger

Hey,
Thanks Sarge,

Really I didn't ask for myself, my Sammi is my DD.
It is actually DCNVF which has a twin choke that I am playing with adapting to a spare 1.3 intake. But for this
thread just forget about my application...

Now that you forced me to think about it for more than
5 seconds ;-)...... I looked at the DCN and the DG*V floats
and the stock float positioning. I see that DCN's are hung like the stock Hitachi and the DG*V is not. I think really now that I have looked at all three a DG*V is the wrong carb
for this application or yall are mounting it wrong ( float parrallel not perpendicular ) I don't think you will have any flooding trouble with your DCNF Sarge.. well maybe side
angle/hills but wouldn't an off road needle and seat fix that?
40DCZ would work float-wise and properly mounted, turned 90 from stock, should flow better as well...

Do all down draft webers share the same mounting points?
~ 2" X 3 1/4" is what this DCNVH is.....

-Allen

"it was first and foremost a failure of imagination"
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2005, 11:00 PM
Keyboard Implanted

No, the DGV series has a longer bolt pattern than the DCN series . The DGV's work pretty well when oriented with the linkage to front and float bowl to the rear . These inline 4's intake will not allow the carb to be mounted 90* to the engine as the plenum would not flow well . In a way, the DCNF may not work all that well due to the side-hung float . I'll just have to run the tests to find out . The reason I asked about the float bowl vent is the 40DCNF12 I'm using originally had an open slot in the top cover to allow the bowl to breathe . This would result in the same problem with the DGV's when tipped at high angles , fuel running into the air jets ...
Sarge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode