fuel pressure ? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-16-2005, 06:41 PM Thread Starter

fuel pressure ?

I have a 1.6 in my Sammy with header, cam, and etc... What pressure should the regulator be set at for the webber to work properly? I have fixed alot of problems with the exhaust and intake including a new regulator. Nothing is the same as it was now. Thanks for the help...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-16-2005, 08:21 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Re: fuel pressure ?

Everyone always told me to run less than 4 psi in mine(I used to run them on the Pintos) I had really good luck with 2-3 psi. I'm sure Sarge will swing in and correct me if I'm wrong!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-16-2005, 10:03 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Grumpy:

I have a 1.6 8-v using a 1.3 head and an electric pump with sarge's Weber setup.

I have my regulator set at 1.5 pounds and it seems to run just fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-17-2005, 06:38 AM Thread Starter

I have it set on 3 right now, Set on 1 or 1.5 and it wouldn't run at all, but I must have a bigger problem. It ran great all day untill the hill climb at the end. The third time up it began to stumble like it was running out of fuel. It would come in and out of it from that hill all the way home, bucking like a stubborn mule. I removed the fuel filter and blew through it and didn't have any trouble with that. Fuel pump runs good and I had just fixed alot of problems I had. Replaced some missing header gaskets and got that leak fixed, also the Webber itself was loose on the intake by about 1/4 turn. I was hoping that would solve my problems but it looks like they still linger. Any ideas? I really need to get it right before the next run in 2 weeks. Thanks...
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-18-2005, 11:32 AM
Keyboard Implanted

The vacuum leak created by the carb being loose is probably the culprit . Use locktite when installing those bolts as well as better gaskets than supplied in the kits...
Sarge
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-18-2005, 05:55 PM Thread Starter

I had already fixed those problems a couple weeks back. Saturday was the first run back out again and it eventually came back to haunt me. I just wish I could figure it out... I will double check everything including the filter and also do a run down thats on Figgy78's post and hopefully have something to bring back.. Any more info till then should be great too. Thanks...
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-18-2005, 09:18 PM
Keyboard Implanted

First off, from your description it sounds like you are using that pos Purlator regulator . You have to use a guage, the numbers on the dial are for reference only, not actual pressure. Second, that pos is just that, a piece of $$$$ . Get a Holley 12-804 and be done with it ....
Sarge
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-18-2005, 09:21 PM
Keyboard Implanted

BTW, tell me I'm wrong . Just once, I'd love to be wrong about using that Purlator since they have at least a 98% failure rate . Guess I'd better hit Auto Zone and the rest of the retailers as well as the Zuk vendors again and get them to drop 'em off the shelf . Might as well hit Purlator, Mr. Gasket and the others that are re-badging them too....
Sarge
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-18-2005, 09:56 PM
Keyboard Implanted

BTW, since I'm on a roll and beating everyone to replies, another note of interest. If you look in one of JC Whitney's current catalogs or online site you will find Walbro fuel pumps . However, they do not have them nor do they have a contract to sell them anymore. Instead, the boneheads have been substituting Facet electronic pos pumps for the Walbro's. If anyone has dealt with this, sue them . I had one guy nearly lose his rig due to that pump ramping up the pressure to 25psi , blowing right past a new Holley regulator that is rated to hold down 14psi, blow past the needle and geyser out of the top of the carb . Of course, the resulting fire almost killed him. I've tried twice to talk to JC's people with no luck and just got an email from another customer who ordered the Walbro. Well, he just got informed he won't get one but get a Facet instead. Guess I'll have to hit the warehouse here where they ship from and bash some more heads . (***&(*$)*)$)($#*&#$(*$~~~!!!
Sarge
post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-19-2005, 05:16 AM Thread Starter

Welll the one I replaced was from Napa. And the one I replaced it with was from Autozone. I am in a $$ crunch and noticed the better one are quite pricey even for what I have laying around. I suppose I just wont drive it untill I can save some cash and buy the one you spoke of. I tkae it you strongly believe that is my problem, the regulator. I will let you know if thats the solvent when I can get one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode