1.6 in JUNKYARD Sammy! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-11-2005, 08:44 PM Thread Starter

1.6 in JUNKYARD Sammy!

I have found a sammy in the junkyard with a G16 engine in it. It is just laid in it, and all the other parts are stripped. Just the engine, no tranny, no adaptor plate, but it looks like it has the motor mount for it correct. I read a post eons ago by Crowhorse about a DIY 1.6 to 1.3 tranny conversion. I know they will almost mate up, but how close is it. I'm all about DIY and have the tools to do it with, just need measurements and input. -Shawn- [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-14-2005, 10:45 PM Thread Starter

Re: 1.6 in JUNKYARD Sammy!

Anyone? [img]images/graemlins/wall.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-14-2005, 11:18 PM

most people that have adapted their 1.3 tranny to mate to a 1.6 have welded new tabs on the tranny. While this will work if doen correctly I think is not the best option. With how cheap the adapters are getting now adays it is almost not worth the hours you are going to put into modifing your tranny. With an adapter you could most likely have the engine bolted up to the tranny in your car and running by the time your done modifing. Don't get me wrong I'm too a very much DIY'er but I chose to get the adapter cause I didn't want to mess with it.
Another thing to consider is if you modify your tranny and you need to replace it down the road the new one will need to be modified aswell. I'm sure what ever route you choose to go will be fine though. And if you do modify the tranny or make your own adapter post pics.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-15-2005, 11:40 AM

i have seen pics on the net where people have used j-bolts instead of tig welding the tabs to the transmission. i almost went that route myself but i got a good deal on a used t.t. 1.6 adaptor plate.

i myself wouldn't worry about modifying the tranny because if it did go out or get screwed up, you can get them for as cheap as $75-$200 for good units.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode