rocky road high steer. changing pass side axle? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-07-2005, 04:27 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

rocky road high steer. changing pass side axle?

I have a question about changing the passenger side axle with the rocky road high steer arm..(my first broken axle) from 5 rolls.. anyways

The question- when pulling the top king pin..you cannot lift it up and out because it is held onto those other two studs that are horizontal.. therefore you cannot take the top kingpin out in order to remove the whole knuckle assembly..

Anybody know how to do this? do you have to pull the caliper and backing plate etc.. or am i missing something?

Anybody got the same problem? Or am I stupid??

Thanks, Scott [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/puke.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-07-2005, 08:53 PM
JCC

Re: rocky road high steer. changing pass side axle?

I had to pull the calipers,rotors,backing plate to get my axles out. I did not have to remove the kingpins though. You will have to remove the bolts that mount the steering arm to the calipers also. JC
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2005, 12:19 AM

Re: rocky road high steer. changing pass side axle?

Just to remove the axle? you shouldnt have to touch anything of the steering stuff!! just everything down to the backing plate, once you can see the birfield joint you should be able to just pull it out. Somtimes it will give you hell but if you put that stupid clip back on the end of the axle it will give you some grip and then wiggle up down left right and in a circle motion while pulling out on the axle, once everything lines up it will just pop out! dont mess with the steering junk unless you have too.
I even leave that clip out of the hub so whenever I have to take my axles out I dont have to take my hub apart to do it. I just use the 12 with a 6" extension to get to the back bolts and just pull the whole hub off! much easier and time saving. Its just there to keep your hub from falling off if the bolts come out or break. I dont think Yotas even have them(the clips on the end of the axle shaft). Good luck!

Michael [img]images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode