LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-10-2004, 12:31 PM
Mr_DIY

NO STARTY?!

I GIVE UP.. almost.
I cannot get my zuk to start.
[img]images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]-I did the ground octopus
-tested bat. = GOOD
-put a "good" used alt. on (didn't disconnect batt.) [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
-put a new coil (old one tested bad after alt. change)

I am getting gas, and I think I'm getting spark (new coil, wires, plugs, cap, rotor) I don't know what's up.

I don't have any dash lights in the "ON" postion. all my ext. lights work and my blinkers inside work, hazards too.
but no dummy lights. HAYNES=USELESS Please Help.

Big Kahuna's? [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-10-2004, 02:22 PM
GRW

Re: NO STARTY?!

Pull a plug out, put the plug wire on it and turn it over.
Then you will know if you have spark at the plug or not.
Are the plugs wet (gas)? If yes did you unknowingly fix something and now it's fludded? If no are you sure you are getting fuel? If you have spark & fuel, check to make sure it is in time. If it's of you can everything working and it's a mute point.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-10-2004, 02:41 PM

what was changed or did it suddenly do this out of the blue.

I allways keep a spark plug just to test for spark all I have to do is pull the wire throw it on the plug and go.

start by pulling every fuse one at a time and checking it visually (now is a good time to put dielectric greese on them) pulling the fuse does multiple things. it tells you is the fuse is blown, coroded,and some times they just plain dont make good contact. if they are all good test the blower motor if it works then the ignition is working in the on position. the blower will only work in the key on position. if all fales try running a wire from the batt + to the coil + terminal leave all wires conected when you do this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-10-2004, 07:22 PM
Mr_DIY

The only thing I changed was the alternator with a used one that was supposed to be good (I don't know) but I didn't disconnect the battery. that's all I did. now no starting. I feel dumb but are there any other fuses than that brown fuse box at the drivers kick panel? I will check for spark in the am. I am sure I am getting fuel b/c I turned it over a few times and pulled the fuel line from the pump to the carb and it had gas in it. thanks for the help... also how do I test the blower motor. later
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-11-2004, 01:00 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
also how do I test the blower motor

[/ QUOTE ]

you turn the key to on and flip the switch if air comes out of the vents the blower is getting power (this means the ignition switch is working ) I have actually had a ignition switch die it worked properly in the start and acc position but had no juice in the on position.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-11-2004, 01:07 PM
Mr_DIY

oh, I feel like a dummy. I am so used to not understanding my electrical problems so I overthought it. thanks.-- it works.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode