Rolled the Zuk onto it's Side - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-08-2004, 08:03 PM Thread Starter

Rolled the Zuk onto it\'s Side

It could of been a lot worse. We're OK. Zuk is banged up some. Pics here.

What happened is we were climbing a fairly steep notch in between some rock hills. The line to take was too the right of the notch as there was a rather large hole on the left side of the notch. The notch slopes up to the right and it's quite rough and a little loose. I was trying to throttle up it due to several unsuccessful prior attempts to get up with very little throttle. There is also a small ridge right before you crest the top of this obstacle.

Apparently, my front tires hopped, hit the crest and bounced back then spun and slipped to the left (the low side). The rig slipped backwards and the left front tire hit the bottom of the rock hill and stuck. Because the inertia already had the rig going sideways, we just tipped over onto the left side. It was more than a 90 degree tip but because of the way I had my Hi-Lift jack, it looks like it caught a rock lip and kept us from damaging the top of the rig.

We were with about 13 other rigs and we were almost the last to come up so several of the guys came down and just pushed us back up and over. Sorry, no video. We may have some pics of the rig when it was on it's side, but only if the guy with the camera posts 'em.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-08-2004, 09:07 PM

Re: Rolled the Zuk onto it\'s Side

Glad no one was hurt . The damage isnt too bad , heck just call them character marks . Hopefully it came after a good day of wheeling . I have done a lot of beating on my zuk , but I have yet to go all the way over ... I would sort of like to go ahead and get it over with ... but I am not trying to make it happen any sooner than karma wants it too

Was it super fast or did it seem like it was slow mo ?
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-09-2004, 07:28 PM Thread Starter

I wouldn't say it was super fast. When it slipped, out of habit, I pushed in the clutch and looked backwards to reverse down -- not that reversing would have been a good idea there. Well, before I got oriented to go backwards, I felt the front end slip way to the left. By the time I looked forward again, we were already going over (to the left). About the time I saw the ground breaking the mirror time went into slow motion and I saw the individual lines in the mirror develop and the peices of the mirror fall out -- weird. So I'd say it happened fast then that psychological thing happened to me where you perceive things slower than they really occur.

Oh, the good news; I didn't know it then, but one of the guys in fully locked Jeep TJ, with 35" Maxxis Traxxis tires on it didn't make it up -- and after we were put on our wheels, we did! [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-09-2004, 10:49 PM
Mr_DIY

glad nobody got hurt as well. the zuk is still very attractive. you could however rivet some of those rear corner diamond plate things or get 15lbs. of bondo and just smooth it out. j/k at least you were having fun. [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-10-2004, 10:33 PM
Keyboard Implanted

time for the "chicks dig body damage" sticker...lol
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-11-2004, 08:27 PM Thread Starter

My wife said there's a part of her that thinks it's kinda cool. (Boy did I marry the right one!)

Oh, and she told me, "The only chick I need to be worried about is her!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode