Winter run pics - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-08-2004, 09:54 AM Thread Starter

Winter run pics

Tried out my new tires yesterday , If you are looking for one of the best , these are them ! Beware there are more than Zukes in these pics ! ENJOY
http://funinbc.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9361
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-08-2004, 10:38 AM
MrHawk

Re: Winter run pics

Nice ones! Can't wait till the snow starts to fall here.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-08-2004, 12:12 PM

waiting on snow here as well. it is so much fun to show up others who dont know what samurais are capiable of. last 2 seasons I was passing people who were stuck in the middle of the trail by going thru/ over the snow drifts.

my favorite was the toyota group last year they were buggies with 35 and 38 in tires. I am on 33s. they wouldnt air down and were running chains front and rear. as our group was airing down they came by to tell us we shouldnt even try going up the hill without chains. as well as all we would do is get stuck and they didnt want to have to tow us out. The toys barely made the first hill. this is a snow covered ashfault road. they dug to the bottom to get up. to drive in the snow they would rev their motors and dump the clutch (they werent properly geared ) we passed them when one guy was having problems with his chains. they folowed our tracks to where we were and kept getting stuck in the middle of the trail we made. we fially got our group around them and headed up the hill for deeper snow. they once again tried to follow. we kept going till it started getting dark. we found where the toy group finally turned around about a mile from where we last saw them. we went about 7 miles further than they did and were hitting undisturbed snow of over 3 foot in depth. following their tracks shure sucked (holes everywhere) on the way back I get a call over the cb (we have a problem you got to see this)I imediately think I know the problem we just passed a water storage area. he had to wade out of there then back in to put the rig in newtral and then once again to steer it.He is on 29x11.50x15 tires still spua. and very cold

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1360349-dave.JPG (53.8 KB, 56 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-08-2004, 08:07 PM

taz, i noticed you just have a dinky little winch on the front. has it ever actually been useful to you? or do you find it way underpowered?
beautiful pics by the way!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-08-2004, 08:22 PM Thread Starter

It looks small , but it is a Rule 4200 , and yes it has saved my arse a few times and even had to winch out a Jeep down a 30' steep bank with his dead motor... Works for me.. [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-08-2004, 11:54 PM

i was always curious if a small winch would suffice. do you always need to use a snatch block? or is the straight pulling power enough?
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-08-2004, 11:58 PM Thread Starter

Don't even own a snatch block!! Straight pull every time ! [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-09-2004, 12:34 AM

Nice pics Taz, you're in Kelowna now? How far is that area from Kelowna?

I went out for some wheeling on Sunday, but I wouldnt exactly call it winter wheeling! We had at least 6" of snow half way through October, now its all gone and theres no more in the forecast. [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Heres the pics from our trip, I may look you up in the summer time if I make it out to BC for a trip. Not sure if I'll bring the zuk or not but I'd love to come out there and do some wheeling with you and crew from Breeze Industries. Might end up just coming out on my bike though.

Sunday's wheeling pics, I pulled a nicely built TLC back onto his wheels [img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
http://www.s4wda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1159
Further down in the thread.

Still riding on the wheels I bought from you [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-09-2004, 01:10 PM

Nice pictures taz [img]images/graemlins/goodpost.gif[/img]

It's nice to see you trail ride with such a diversified group.Sure looks like you have a good working heater [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 11-24-2004, 09:41 AM
I Do This For The Glory

Nice pics. I can't wait for snow, I hope it gets deep this year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode