Nervous anticipation for parts.... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-09-2004, 11:45 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Nervous anticipation for parts....

I ordered a bunch of parts back in February (the original post) but for many reasons I guess OTT had a hard time coming through. After many MANY long distance phone calls, emails, temper tantrums followed by deep breathing sessions I think my parts will arrive today.

I came home for lunch and to call OTT (again) and of course I got their machine (again) but this time I recieverd a timely call back (didn't even finish making my lunch) and Ben, notified me that my stuff is on its way. I checked the tracking # and it is in CT out for delivery. So, as of now I am holding my breath...I have a bad feeling that it won't be right...that is just me worrying though.

I have heard and read great things about OTT but 4 months is WAY too long to wait without any contact by their part.

We'll see later, I am sure! Back to work... [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-09-2004, 12:53 PM
Veteran

Re: Nervous anticipation for parts....

Brent, if it wern't for bad luck ordering parts, you'd have NO luck ordering parts. BTW, ordered my gears and 'Kong from TT, wow! A company that actually is nice to you on the phone and appreciates your business, what a novel idea. And BTW, parts got here at work four business days later. Yu were right..... [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-09-2004, 01:06 PM

Iv been waiting for a new 1.6 under drive pully since Feb/16 (from roadless). I did get a 1.3 about a month a go [img]images/graemlins/lame.jpg[/img] now I have to pay to send that back. Said their's a problem with the distributer (OCC Racing is where it was shiped from).I just want it to get here already.I didnt see it for sale on RR's sight anymore either. [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-09-2004, 02:47 PM

I'm hi-jacking someone's post since Roadlessgear came up. I ordered a locker from Figmo maybe a month and half ago. He said it would ship out the next day. I received it at my house by the end of the week. If memory serves it was like three or four days (the invoice with the dates is at home). On a related note, Figmo was friendly and helpful on the phone before he knew I was going to order the locker and he's responded to several emails I've sent to him on non-locker related items.

Maybe we can start a section like the FAQ or the FOR SALE sections and call it: "vendor experiences"?

I mention this because I plan to order more parts from someone and am leaning toward, GASP !! RR since nobody else offers what I'm looking for.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-10-2004, 09:17 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

I have a bad taste in my mouth... I tried so hard to give them the benefit of the doubt... but they continue to surprise me.

I came home last night to a notice from UPS saying I owe brokerage...something I talked originally to OTT about. Because I bought a bunch of stuff from them the were going to take care of shipping and brokerage. For those that don't know... a fee (brokerage) has to be paid coming into the states from Canada. It's not about the $21 that gets me... it is that they have no compassion for the customer.

I called promptly after getting the tag and no box for an explanation and got an act of stupidity. This is where I lose it and tell them that they are actually worse than RRO. Ben, whom I was talking to, gasped but I think I mean it. Especially this morning when UPS shows up and there are no instructions and nuts and bolts are rolling around the bottom of the package. Hopefully everything is in here.

I am not one of these guys that looks for free things, afterall I spent $750 on these parts, they could have at least buttered me up with some free shwag, maybe a shirt or something... Hell, I would have been happy with some instructions.

Oh well... I should be happy- hopefully I am done with these cats.

Sorry about the rant guys... I am fed-up.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-10-2004, 10:29 AM
Keyboard Implanted

SO when Is the Brent Fest?
At least you got the parts.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-10-2004, 11:55 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I placed an order with TT and SKY on the same day. They both told me that the items I was ordering were in stock and would be shipped out that day. [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
I'm gonna see which one gets here first and how long it takes...lol [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode