mudfkr update - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-07-2004, 02:44 AM Thread Starter

mudfkr update

Hi all,
I haven't posted for a while as I've taken a second job driving cement <nobr><nobr><a class="iAs" style="border-bottom:darkgreen 1px solid;text-decoration:underline;color:darkgreen;background-color:transparent;" href="#" onclick="return kwC();" target="_blank" oncontextmenu="return false;" onmouseover="kwE(event,218240);" onmouseout="kwL(event);" onmousemove="kwM(218240);">trucks</nobr></a></nobr> at night to pay for my habit (zook habit thats is [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]) and the rest of my time has been limited to building up the zook lately so heres whats been happening...

Anyway Mudfkr now sports a Warn 6000 on the front thanks to Alfie who passed the bargain priced winch along to me knowing it was going to a good home [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] thanks Alfie [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

I've opted to mount the solenoid pack inside between the seats on a cargo rack that I made although it meant running four cables back to the front to avoid and damage to it while bush bashing and then on the back side I've mounted the Arb compressor for the locker. The galvanized box you can see has a 950 cca silver cadmium battery that runs the winch, compressor and accessory lighting

The rack is built in two sections so I have the option to take the R/h/s out and put the seat back in if needed and if not it keeps the recovery equipment and the likes in place. Heres a few update pix aswell...

Cheers Shane

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1313393-arb 04.JPG (76.7 KB, 33 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-07-2004, 02:53 AM Thread Starter

Re: mudfkr update

winch solenoid pack
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1313395-win 2.JPG (63.9 KB, 60 views)
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-07-2004, 02:57 AM Thread Starter

I've already cut the hole for the front locker switch [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I guess that means it's on the near future list [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1313397-arb 03.JPG (63.7 KB, 60 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-07-2004, 03:08 AM Thread Starter

pic from wheeling today [img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1313400-win 4.JPG (93.8 KB, 78 views)
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-07-2004, 08:45 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I've opted to mount the solenoid pack inside

[/ QUOTE ]

You are not afraid to have a unfused 4 or 6 guage wire of roughly 8feet in your truck ?
I tought about doing the same thing in a hope to have my selenoid last longer. But when I tought about it I decided that changing s selenoid per year wasen't that bad. [img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-08-2004, 02:03 AM Thread Starter

Xfaktor,
It does worry me a little but I prefer having it inside anyway. I ran 50mm2 cable (I don't know what that is in guage) but put glad nuts through the firewall to protect the cable and cable tied it to the frame up to the front, I intend on putting the cable in a protective sheath in the near future and finding an isolator for the main feed to the solenoid pack.

Shane
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1313865-win 3.JPG (78.1 KB, 24 views)
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-08-2004, 09:18 AM

Hi guy's I am back,and doing good so far they said my heart has an 80% flow rate [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] whatever that means.

If I were you I would go to your local Radio Shack and get a 100amp. fuse to put in it it could short,cause the batt to blow or burn your a$$ up.ALLWAYS PROTECT WIRE'S Car Stereo shops have breaker's up too 200 amp's for about 20-30 bucks better safe than sorry [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode