I finally got almost everything done. All it needs is the exhaust system hooked up. That should be done on friday. It was a huge amount of work but in the end I think it is worth it. If I hadnt of had a couple of good friends that did alot of the fab work for me I don't think it would ever of been done. Anyway next month the yota axles and a suspension change will go in. Probably end up lowering it some and trimming some fenders. Here are the specs and a few pics of the work thats done
Chevy 229 3.8L V-6
Holley 4412 500CFM carb (had to make adapter plate)
One wire chevy alternator had to fab. lower bracket
Jeep radiator out of a CJ-5
Ford Taurus electric fan
used a stock samurai throttle cable
SM420 tranny with 7:1 first gear and 1:1 4th
Toyota mini truck hydraulic master and slave cyl for hyd. clutch.
Toyota mini truck clutch pedal
stock samurai transfer case
shortened front shaft in rear
stock front shaft in front
custom intermidate shaft
4.56 gears in stock samurai axles
Ford super duty upper front shock mounts
Trail Tough rear lower shock mounts
Now onto the pictures
This is how I found her
This how she looks today
Engine compartment(gotta clean up some of these old wires)
Intermediate shaft(tranny to x-fer) It was a challenge to go to a 1ton Ujoint down to samurai in about 6".
Rear lower shock mounts
Yota hydraulic slave, we had to add some bracing after the picture was taken cause the bracket was flexing.
Adapter plate for the holley carb
Ford shock mounts
Another view of the front upper shock mounts
Sorry for all the pics and the long post. When I first started this I could find very little info on how to do it and the little tips and tricks. I did find alot of people witht he same questions I had. So I thought I'd put the info I had up here to make some elses swap go a little easier.