Need to vent on this one - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2004, 01:03 PM Thread Starter

Need to vent on this one

Ok, havent been around in quite a while because of how busy I have been between work and school. I was hoping to make it to the melt this year, but as always my luck turns sour and Im stuck scrambling to turn wrenches. This week I was suppossed to spend my time putting on the <nobr>toyota</nobr> axles and YJ suspension setup. Turns out the engine diagnostics took a turn for the worse on us, really running like $hit. So I told my friends how it wasnt me who last tuned big bird so maybe we should crack her open and take a look (just to note, I've rebuilt my carb 3 times in the past 2 months blaming it on the fact that it was a holley). Turns out, the timing is 180 degrees out, and the jacka$$ put the wrong firing order on it. Got that part tuned and it was running stout and things were looking good once again. Then my tranny decides to take a $hit, why is this amazing and aggrivating to me? because I spent almost a grand getting it fully built to drag specs just to handle my heavy right foot. So a stock motor with nitrous should be no match for this tranny. The tranny guy says he knows whats wrong and will get it to me by monday. Imma try and get things together but Im not looking to good on the trip to melt this year....
[img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/lame.jpg[/img] [img]images/graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/chair.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img]
Ok, vent mode off
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2004, 01:32 PM

Re: Need to vent on this one

Sounds like a samurai.....I know thats why I got out of them awhile back. It seemed I spent more time wrenchin then I did wheelin. But as you can see I'm back in the game.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2004, 04:44 PM Thread Starter

I love my zuk and all its just everytime it gets close to being perfect something else gets in the way [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] Maybe thats why I love it so much lol [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2004, 05:02 PM

i hear ya studly. i have been losing interest in samurais for a while now....which is why i have been looking at other people's zuk build ups to help get me motivated again.

i had a smokin start on my wife's zuk (auto trans install) and then i decided it needed a more solid body, re-wired, longer wheelbase ect and i have just let it sit for the past month or so.

i have learned the hard way not to force myself into doing something i am not motivated to do or it takes the fun completely out of it. aren't buildups supposed to be fun?? seems like the fun went out the door a few months back for me.

as for the melt, i had everything lined up to go also but my new job does not allow time off for new employees still in the 90 day probation period. studly, don't feel too bad if you can't attend the melt this year cuz i am sure there are quite a few of us that have gotten jacked one way or another and won't be going either.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2004, 06:22 PM Thread Starter

swaps are suppossed to be fun and aggrivating, thats what makes them so much fun. Cause later on down the road when your describing to someone how you did it...its easily turned into humor. There were times in the middle of this swap that I wanted to walk away, but found myself comming back to it time and time again. Then again Im not the kinda person to let something beat me at it [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/thud.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2004, 07:09 PM

One thing I'm learning about swaps is that the never go as smoothly as planned and always end up taking alot longer then what we figure. Try not to make it a big rush, strain to get it done type of thing. My zuke was only supposed to take a few weeks of solid work but it turned into two months of nearly solid work. I was really bummed when I didnt get it done for memorail day weekend runs but oh well It's home now and the project is starting to get fun now. [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img] Studly as much work as you've down I'd come down there and arrest you if you gave up on big bird now! [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/beach.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode