GTI intake manifold (EFI) runners. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-04-2004, 11:36 PM Thread Starter
Journeyman

GTI intake manifold (EFI) runners.

I can see them rabbits George. Okay, read my other post titled "Thinkin' about a 1.3 DOHC swap". I've never had a close look at a stock Swift intake set-up, so maybe I'm dreaming. My goal would be to make the DOHC a more simple, less expensive swap. It would take alot of Research and Development time, but not much money. I'm poor and I have Obsessive/Complusive tendencies, so I'm just the chump to do it. Could I band saw the stock GTI intake length wise, then graft a Sammy SOHC intake to it? Wadda ya think (besides "That man's got something wrong with him)?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-05-2004, 12:50 PM

Re: GTI intake manifold (EFI) runners.

it might be possiable to cut and weld although it would probably be better to build a adapter out of 1/2 or thicker or 2 pieces of 3/8 or thicker usually when the shop I worked at built carb adapters we used 2 pieces of 3/8 machined one to match the carb the other to the manifold then we blended the two together the same probably could be done at the intake

but the cost of building such as a kit would probably cost as much as doing the feul injection unless parts of the injection system are missing or broken

I think you will also need a 8 valve swift distributor since the 16 valve is avanced by the computer insted of vacume
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode