Stupid Luck: $5 Zuk - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-26-2004, 11:23 PM Thread Starter

Stupid Luck: $5 Zuk

Yes five dollars. A few weeks ago I stopped a guy that was driving by the house in an 88 Sammi. It was in really bad shape and I offered to help him with it. Dude said he wanted to sell it for around $200 and we exchanged numbers. Fast forward to yesterday while taking my kid to school she hands me a key without saying a word. I figure its a house key that she had while we were away and shoved it in my pocket. I get home and find a note that reads "Sam says you can have the car". Putting the puzzle together I look at the key and call the guy up where he tells me that somethings wrong with the "thing"(clutch) for the transmission since his cousin tried to drive it and its about five blocks from my house. I find it, turn the key, and it starts right up, with a burned out clutch(friction disk?).
Anyway he comes by and offers me the truck for $5.00 gas money and promises to bring me the title!!!!
Capn Crunch (the notorious) swings by to help and the Sammi is now mine, comfortably resting in the garage. BTW, the city(DC) was all over this truck. There was over $230 in tickets on the windshield, two TOW stickers on the windshield and parking enforcement and a contractor tow truck were cruising the neighborhood just after we shut the garage door. Another small victory as we deprived this ticket crazed city of enough bucks to more than compensate for my own parking tickets. AND........I got another Sammi for five bucks!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-26-2004, 11:45 PM
turbodrabbit

Re: Stupid Luck: $5 Zuk

Right on, nice find. Was it that gold one you were looking at? [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-27-2004, 06:38 AM

I reluctantly hand over the crown. The best I got a running Samurai for was $50.00. Jerry, you are one CHEAP Zuker!

Yup Nima, it's the gold one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-27-2004, 08:23 AM

sweet deal , but will you have to pay the tickets when it comes time to register it ?
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-27-2004, 09:18 AM

For future referrence, you can get a zuk with a smoked clutch home with Coke!!!

Remove the timing inspection plug and pour the coke on the clutch/flywheel. It will gum things up enough for it to grab.

I smoked one bad enough that it wouldn't even hold the truck while parked on a slope. A guy on the trail ride showed me the coke trick and I drove it out of the woods!!!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-27-2004, 11:35 AM

And I thought my find was something! [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode