nissan 2400 motor for zook? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-24-2004, 04:34 PM
zeuski

nissan 2400 motor for zook?

Hey guys...just wondering if anyone has put a Nissan 4-banger in a samurai? I've got a wrecked 91 Nissan pickup with a decent running 2400 motor...The 22R Toyota motors seem to be a popular swap, but I don't recall ever seeing one with a Nissan powerplant. Just a couple of questions...Does anyone make custom transmission plates at a reasonable price, or would it be a better idea to try and use the transmission out of the truck? I'm not too thrilled with the idea of swapping transmissions also..so, is this going to be more trouble than it's worth? [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]....Any comments appreciated..peace
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-24-2004, 07:08 PM

Re: nissan 2400 motor for zook?

A local guy used a 1984 Nissan motor (carbed) with the 2wd tranny in his Zook. The 1.6 16 valve has more power! Never seen a 1991 Nissan Ka24 motor in a Zuk....134hp.

Sean
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-25-2004, 11:11 AM

I have done a little looking into this but dont have much for info the earlier 4x4 datsuns (720 I think) had a divorced transfer case the tranny looks almost like the samurai one I actually mistook a datsun tranny for a samurai one I thought if it would hook up to the nap-z motor that would be a nice combo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2004, 05:00 PM
ThadScottMoore

being a former nissan hardbody owner, I can attest to the fact that nissan transmissions are not worth the trouble... I went through 3 transmissions in 5 years... plus, Nissan has the market cornered on nissan upgrades- NISMO... No real aftermarket support like the mighty toyota... if it were me- I have considered installing a toy 22r and driveline into my sidekick... The Nissan z24i Nap-Z engine is a great engine- just everything built around them is crud... I put about 250000 miles on the engine without a problem with engine... it might be a bit long for the engine compartment of suzuki...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode