1 GOOD STORY AND 2 QUESTIONS-by RR - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-21-2004, 09:41 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

1 GOOD STORY AND 2 QUESTIONS-by RR

One of our locals bought a new H2 for $67,000 and came over to my emergency management office to show it off in the rock piles behind my building which is the county road/ground stock pile.He climbed some gravel hills 1/2 way up and then we had the basket ball sized rock pile and he had trouble with that-could not even get on it. Well,he looks at my Tracker and said what can it do? I took my Tracker over all the gravel hills he tried to get up and then drove over the rock pile. He drove off and that was that ,except all the people at the ball game watching and the folks from my EMA team. LIFE IS GOOD.He could have saved $64,000 and bought a Tracker.
QUESTION-Whose T-case gears are you using for the Tracker?
Who makes the GM alternator mount for 1.6 Tracker?
Best Regards RR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-21-2004, 09:52 PM

Re: 1 GOOD STORY AND 2 QUESTIONS-by RR

"Well" all I can say is I hope you gave him some BBQ sauce to go with that shoe leather he was chewing on as he slunk off!!!! [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-22-2004, 12:06 AM
Keyboard Implanted

67 grand? He coulda imported one of those nice turbo diesel coil sprung new zuks for less than that.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-22-2004, 06:22 AM
Veteran

RR, that really must have made you all warm and fuzzy inside to set off the show-off in the H2 like that. Nice, I like it! IN the wife's '94 tracker, we run the calmini t-case gearset, no problems at all, just a bit noisy in low range. I havent got around to trying some lucas oil yet to try and quiet it down, but have over two years of wheeling and daily driving on the gears with no problems at all. It is the best mod you can do for off-road performance. The 1.8-1 low range stock is a cruel joke. As for the alt bracket, haven't done that yet to the Tracker.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-22-2004, 11:42 AM
Veteran

This is a really cool sticker.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-22-2004, 06:12 PM

I really like that sticker. Where can i get one? Also, Ranger Rick the Mo. boys will be going to Turkey Bay later on this summer if you want to join up with us for some laid back trail running. Or maybe meet up with us the next time we run to Rockport Off road park. Some pics of the park can be seen at the link below

Steve
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-22-2004, 09:11 PM
Veteran

[email protected] sells them along with any other custom sticker that you want. They are a quality product.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-23-2004, 10:37 AM

RR- that is funny!! what most people fail to research is that the new H2 is nothing but a different body on a yukon frame. It looks like it should be able to do something, but all it ends up being is a pretty turck. the only reason they came out with a H2 revision, was because regular folks liked the origional but thought it looked too much like a military truck.(duh!)

I think they look neat, but woule never waste that kind of money on one. I'd use that cash to buy a real hummer. that can go places and do things. or maybe a whole fleet of trackers.. can you imagine what we'd be driving with over 60 grand in goodies!!??

i can't wait to see you and give you a big big hug and kiss, i hope rita won't be mad. [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
love rae [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-23-2004, 11:58 AM
Keyboard Implanted

When I was living in Indy, there was an H2 dealer just down the road from my apartment. I stopped in one day just to see what the sticker prices were..OMG! With a base price of just over 50G I couldn't even imaging taking something like that off-road. But then again, if I had that kind of money to spend on a rig, I would probably have the cash to fix it if it broke. Just don't say anything to the insurance company...lol
Like Rae said...60G would buy a lot of samurai parts....lol [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
(or in the case of the Lightening conversions, A samurai...lol) [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 05-23-2004, 02:58 PM

The H2's do awesome in the sand. I would love to have one. If for nothing else then to be a family cruiser and toy hauler. [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode