RRO........BEST Zuk vendor on the planet! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2004, 07:19 AM Thread Starter

RRO........BEST Zuk vendor on the planet!

Yep, I said it!! Best darn vendor on the planet!! I know some of you are sitting there cursing me or them but I don't care. Listen to this!! Last week I discovered that I had broken a gear in my 6:1 t-case. We found out that it was from an early production run and it was a welded gear, NOT A ONE PIECE! RRO called me and said" Art we'll have UPS pick it up at your office and take care of it with a new one piece gear. Now that is customer service! Well, I needed it FAST so we worked out a deal. I sent it 2 day to them and they said they would 2 day it back to me. The case arrived yesterday and when I got home last night I had a message waiting. It said something like this: "Art, we got your case today. Our gear guy tore it down, replaced the gear and ALL the bearings. It will ship tonight and you will have it on FRIDAY!! Can you believe that? It went from NC to UTAH and back in 96 hours!! How can I EVER bash them after service like that? The answer is simple, I CAN"T!! Thanks goes out to Matt and James at RRO. You guys are First Class!!! Glenn, you had better keep these guys around and you might want to give them a raise too!! Thanks!!

Now for the other half. YEP, THERE'S MORE! Last week I had posted that the UPS guy was my favorite person. I never did say why but the pic below should explain it just fine. Can you say "Toyota Coil Bracketry" Man I cannot wait to get this stuff under the popsicle. Oh, I got 2 new 175lb springs to replace those droopy butt 165lb springs currently on the back of the popsicle. No more saggy Zuki [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2004, 08:17 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: RRO........BEST Zuk vendor on the planet!

Art... Buddy... your PSA will only make things worse for second-raters like me. They like you --- your rig is plastered all over the internet and people relate it to them now... of course they'll take care of you, it's good advertising. They have probably been over to zuwharrie where you are an idol and figure this guy is a gateway to more business.

This is typical for them and only makes me grit my teeth harder. If they do that for three regular guys within a year from this day, I will eat my words, better yet, I'll call Glenn and order something.

No disrespect bro whatsoever... I'm just not buying their legitimacy here.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2004, 09:31 AM Thread Starter

LOL!! Man I knew that I was gonna get that! While I appreciate your beliefs that I am idol I really don't agree with you. I'm just a normal guy who built a Zuk and it happened to turn out pretty nice. I have been hearing more and more positive things as each month goes by. I think Glenn has hired some classy guys and they are the ones making the difference. I really wish people would forgive and forget and give them a chance. I think you will be surprised. Also I have to throw in this disclaimer. I do NOT work for them, I am a customer just like everyone else. I got an e-mail about that yesterday asking if I was a paid advertiser for them. Man they don't pay me, they just treat me well and i'll stick by them until they don't. I just don't see that happening though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2004, 09:32 AM

OK, Art now please give RRO a call for me.....A customer of mine ordered a coil suspension kit with ALL of the available options to the tune of $2800 and three items were missing:

*Rear lower shock mounts which are a piece of angle with a shock stud welded
thru.
*Rear upper shock mount which mounts to the existing upper shock mounts on the frame and tilts the new shocks over more to provide for more wheel travel.

I must say that all the other parts are there and arrived in good condition.
I called them over two weeks ago and explained that we needed to install the kit but three parts were missing then I was told to E-mail: [email protected]. I did so approximately 2 weeks ago and I have heard NOTHING....NO RESPONSE AT ALL! As a vendor I respond to everyone's E-mails even if is to say "Sorry I do not have the part you need" or I cannot help you".
There is always the possibility that the parts were lost in shipping since the boxes were pretty beat up, but what are the odds of both rear lower shock mounts and the rear upper shock mount ALL missing? Coincidence? Either way I hope to get a response from them SOON.
Let me get this straight before someone says something negative.... I AM NOT BASHING anyone, just hoping that they will eventually get to my request to replace the missing rear shock mounts so the coil syspension system can be properly installed on his Sammy.

If they get around to my E-mail or if it was skipped over by accident while wading through the tons of SPAM they can E-mail me back at [email protected]

Sean (NOT the best Zuk vendor on the planet...but I try!)DeVinney
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1306880-seanuphill2.jpg (19.6 KB, 40 views)
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2004, 10:01 AM Thread Starter

Hey Sean run a Top Notch business as well and by no means do I mean to offend you. You have been awesome to me and your Wiring Harness for the 1.6 is first rate. I appreciate your professionalism and support!

I'll give Matt a call today and find out what the deal is.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2004, 11:26 AM

This is actually good news for me to hear.

I have been contemplating using RRO for thier 8:1 gears.
The only thing that has held me back so far, has been the quite often reported negative experiences with them.

So how long until you have the toy's in there Art?
Man, that's going to be a nice setup!!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2004, 11:29 AM
Keyboard Implanted

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I really wish people would forgive and forget and give them a chance.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the realm of business, when it is MY money I am dealing with, it is important not to forget, after all I want my parts. I did try to use them again after my first two delayed BS order fiascos... it was one that took a year and which they charged my card without asking (a year after I cancelled my order I had been waiting for)!

Man they don't pay me, they just treat me well and i'll stick by them until they don't. I just don't see that happening though.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's part of the point. Your rig and name are popular. At pirate, here, and especially Zuwharrie (an who else knows where??? [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]). If you got screwed over a lot of people would know... and especially at zuwharrie where you are an idol to those guys regardless if you don't think so. (that was my point)

You don't have to be paid money, they pay you with respect, flattery, and might I add, service. I have been lied to and manipulated (through using my CC unauthorized) along with a few other poor qualities that ruined it for them. It's too easy to shop elsewhere, but like I said... 1 yr, we'll see... but already... look at Seans customer --- one of us regular guys.

I am glad for them if they turn it around... but if the problems are still existing, it isn't old staff to be blamed (for which I have seen Glenn do himself). The business is a reflection of the owner... the employees are not at fault.

NC... I won't lie... If I need something and it has to come from them; you (or Tomkat) will have to broker the deal. [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2004, 12:46 PM Thread Starter

So how long until you have the toy's in there Art?
Man, that's going to be a nice setup!!

[/ QUOTE ]

It will most likely be the end of June. I'm headed across the big pond shortly but will only be gone for a few weeks. I should have plenty of time at the end of June to get them under the Zuk and ready For Tellico in Early July. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2004, 12:57 PM Thread Starter

That's part of the point. Your rig and name are popular. At pirate, here, and especially Zuwharrie (an who else knows where??? ). If you got screwed over a lot of people would know... and especially at zuwharrie where you are an idol to those guys regardless if you don't think so. (that was my point)

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, i'm just a post Whore who loves to put up pics of my Junk. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Zuwharrie is home to me and the guys there are my Family. I'm no idol, I just spend a LOT of time there and it doesn't hurt that I am actually staff too.

but already... look at Seans customer --- one of us regular guys

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't use that as an example as you don't know the whole circumstance. Needless to say they are taking care of it. If Sean wants to elaborate fine but it's not necessary. Like I said, it's taken care of [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

NC... I won't lie... If I need something and it has to come from them; you (or Tomkat) will have to broker the deal

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, anything I can do to help you need only ask. If I can do ANYTHING to help a Zuker I will! [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2004, 01:29 PM

I've seen the problems various folks have had with RRO and
can't really relate. I've ordered alot of stuff from RRO,
most recently the YJ Jeepeater kit. It WAS missing some
bushings, but were sent out the same day of my phone call.
The only delay I've experienced was when I ordered my
initial SPOA kit. They were out of some components and
let me know about it. When thay were available, they appeared on my doorstep.
I do think Glenn has had some space cadets for employees
in the past and their actions reflected badly on the company.
Just my experience with RRO, here's hoping it's repeated
for more folks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode