Thinking of selling, whats it worth? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2004, 05:22 PM Thread Starter

Thinking of selling, whats it worth?

Man,its been too long since Ive posted here and glad to see the zuk community still rockin on.
The greenies have been winning battles here and got the 2 legal places shut down semi close-by,so Im thinking of selling.I wish I had a pic,but I dont so here goes...
Its an 87 JX zuk with 120k.Its white and has no rust that Ive seen,but has a small dent next to the headlight on the quarter.Soft top is in good shape but missing one button.Interior is ok but the seat covers make it better and I also have a cover for the backseat.
Pony carb with a fuel pressure regulator,disty is about one year old,new plugs,alt is about 2yrs old,new O2 sensor among other things.Has a low mileage tranny in it(put in last year)with a locrite front,2"shackle lift sitting on 235s(90% tread)The only thing wrong that Ive seen is it has a midrange ping that might be from carbon buildup or maybe it needs a valve job,but still runs strong.
It would come with a spare good tranny and the stock carb(unknown condition)with a vent tube.I was thinking of asking about 8-900.Would this seem to much?Whaddya think?
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2004, 05:37 PM

Re: Thinking of selling, whats it worth?

Sounds low. The only thing someone might not like is the shackle lift, everything else you've done is sweet. Nice driver as is or a good solid starting point for someone going bigger.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2004, 06:26 PM

Start at 1200 at least. You can always go down.
I know noTHING.
I wish I was closer, and I don't even want another one. [img]images/graemlins/thud.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2004, 09:32 PM Thread Starter

Yeah,I thought the engine ping might deter a potential but I just did a compression check and Im even across all cylinders to book spec,so its air/fuel mixture is prolly out of adjustment and has been for too long.
I almost have to go to Tellico now to find anything legal which is about 3.5hrs.Still would be hard to divorce the sammi though,regardless...Im talking death in the family kinda thing [img]images/graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2004, 09:51 PM

Do a search of completed auctions on Ebay...it gives you a feel for what people will pay. If I'd sell mine I'd Ebay it. zukaholics will pay more and drive farther to get nice ones.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode