Zuwharrie Trip - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2004, 02:01 PM Thread Starter

Zuwharrie Trip

What an absolutely incredible trip!

The weather was perfect. Very warm and sunny during the day, and nice chilly campfire weather at night.

We got a chance to wheel and camp with some really cool people. Everyone is so friendly (even welcoming the Jeeps with open arms!)

One of the most amazing things I saw was following the tracker and the X-90 crew up Kodiak rock. Quite a few confused/amazed looks on the faces of the people watching!

We originally planned to head for home around 9:00am on Sunday morning, so we could finish our 9 hour ride home before it got dark. Against my better judgement, (the weather was just so beautiful!), we decided to go on one more run on Sunday morning. We finished our trail ride around 2:00, finished packing, then headed out to Eldorado Outpost to gas up and air up the tires. We didn't pull out of Eldorado until about 4:00pm.

Absolutely exhausted, I pulled into my driveway around 1:00am. Work is absolutely dragging by today!

-Thanks to the whole Myrtle Beach group who camped out with us, gave us a lift when we lost a tire, and took us out on the night run.

-Thanks to all of the guys in the x-90's, and the sidekicks. We had a ball wheeling with you!

-Thanks to all of the vendors who supported the event

-Thanks to Sean DeVinney from aftermarket 4x4. The new T-case gears made a world of difference.

See you all in October!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2004, 02:06 PM

Re: Zuwharrie Trip

How backed up were the trails? With so many people registered, I decided not to go and just go up to Tellico in a few weeks instead.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2004, 02:48 PM Thread Starter

Quite a few quads, in the trails.

Only major delay was the broken jeep stuck in the middle of the bypass at Kodiak rock.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-29-2004, 02:31 AM

I led an intermediate group on Saturday, and the trails were not bad at all. We ended up with about 120 4x4s and 315 people, but we organized the trail groups better and had pre-defined routes for each group to minimize passing others coming the opposite direction etc. We're going to work on making it even better for the fall.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-29-2004, 08:10 AM

Yep, I ran an Advanced Group and the only time we got tangled up with another group was in the parking lot at Daniels trail head. The trails were smooth all day long. It just shows that you had no faith in us to run a great event. Well, to be honest I had doubts too but as Staff I can't say that stuff [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-29-2004, 11:30 AM
Can't Get Enough

It was a great ride! Glad I finally got to meet you guys. Sorry my camera busted and I lost all our good shots of sunday's adventure. [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Kodiak rock was fun, when we finally got to make our run at it. The downside of the hill is really a bottleneck. I would have liked to watch the rockcrawl competition there, but our airlift support was gone. hehe
Hope to see ya at the Melt this year....
[img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-29-2004, 11:48 AM Thread Starter

I was glad to meet you Scott!

I can't wait for the Melt this year. Hopefully we will be trailoring both zuks out there (I want no part of that Iron Buns award this year!)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode