the next project - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-18-2004, 07:33 PM
Frankenzook

the next project

well you all know i really love my zook but this project was kind of dumped in my lap so i had to go for it.... i got a early 80s chevy 4x4 long bed 350 4 spd 10 bolt front 12 bolt rear 3/4 ton POS basically for nothing, it runs awesome but the body is totally shot. i also am getting a 64 ford thunder bird thats actually in ok shape but i dont want to fix it up so i think im gonna wind up with a 64 t bird 4x4 mud buggy, plow truck i dunno but ideas just keep running thru my twisted mind......... whadda ya think??
[img]images/graemlins/puke.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-18-2004, 09:21 PM

Re: the next project

Just be sure to put a Suzuki grill emblem and maybe the shifter knob and you can call it a GMC Samuraibird [img]images/graemlins/chair.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-18-2004, 09:54 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Just one thing , check some of the restoration boards first and see if anyone actually needs that old 'bird , you may be surprised ....
Sarge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-18-2004, 10:52 PM

Believe it or not, my friend had one built like that, except it was on a Ford <nobr><nobr><a class="iAs" style="border-bottom:darkgreen 1px solid;text-decoration:underline;color:darkgreen;background-color:transparent;" href="#" onclick="return kwC();" target="_blank" oncontextmenu="return false;" onmouseover="kwE(event,84767);" onmouseout="kwL(event);" onmousemove="kwM(84767);">truck</nobr></a></nobr> chassis. It was a big, scary piece of sh*t. It still had most of the t-bird frame and all of the truck frame. I guess they used the car frame like a body lift????? If I remember correctly it had 40" ground hawgs on it.

My friend got it for less than free. He was paid $25 to haul it off!!!

I think he got ripped off.

Build a hybrid out of it. put a <nobr>mini</nobr>-truck cab and hood on it (smack-dab between the front and back wheels), bolt on some 44's (or bigger), weld up the diffs, and give her hell!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1292628-standard.jpg (48.1 KB, 11 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode