Wheeling in Red River Gorge KY this weekend - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-15-2004, 12:15 PM Thread Starter

Wheeling in Red River Gorge KY this weekend

Sup guys,
A few friends and myself are taking off this weekend to Daniel Boone National Forest to do some wheeling. [Slade, KY] Anyone have any advice before we go? I've been there several times in the past for hiking and camping, just have never wheeled down there before. From what I've heard, you rig must be street legal with tags, blinkers, lights, etc. Most of us are bringing our trail rigs so blinkers, and tags are non-exsistent. Anyone know if this is heavily enforced? Any and all info would be very helpful.

I should have a few pics begining of next week.

thanks in advance
n0lan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-15-2004, 12:57 PM
Apprentice

Re: Wheeling in Red River Gorge KY this weekend

Some guys from our club are going the 23,24,25 and they've been wheeling there before. Might check out our forums and post up in the trail rides section and I'm sure someone could give ya some info.

MOUNTAINEER OFFROAD FORUMS
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-15-2004, 02:51 PM

They don't enforce it that much at Slade, we were down there this last weekend and had a great time. As long as you aren't cruisin around the park you should be alright. There a lot more rangers down there than normal though so be careful. Should be an awesome weekend to go. Just be careful on some of the trails because a lot of them are private land, just make sure you have someone that knows the trails and which ones you can be on. Have fun dude!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-15-2004, 02:56 PM

Oh yeah, forgot to mention I believe there are some guys goin from We-Go-Offroad this weekend Nolan. You might check out the forum and see who will be down there and when, maybe you can hook up with some of them. Peace man!

WGOR

[img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-15-2004, 03:22 PM Thread Starter

Thanx Zuk_mongoose!
But for some reason, i can't access the WGOR forums. *shrugs* anywho, I ran into boomhauer [mike] from teh WGOR forums last weekend just as he was getting home from Slade. Said he broke a rear axle and bent the housing, so he decided to wheel his tacoma, lol. all the blinkers were gone, truck was covered in mud, looks like u guys had a blast. Man we need to hook up soon! My in-laws live just up teh street from boomhauer. I left one of my zuks down there last weekend, I'm planning on bringing my other soon and just leaving them both. There really isnt anywhere to wheel anymore near where i live and I'm down there atleast 1 time a month anyhow, so, to avoid anymore tresspassing tickets, I just thought i'd leave them there for the summer anyhow.

U got plans this weekend?

n0lan
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-15-2004, 04:58 PM

Dude, I wish I had time to run down there and play with ya, I got so much crap to do this weekend it ain't funny. Yeah, I was with Boomhauer when he took the Yota out, it was pretty funny to watch for sure. He bent the hell out of his rear axle on his Jeep, he tried to fix it at the cabin but it just wasn't happening.
Sounds like you need to move down here where the trails are man. [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] And don't worry, we'll be on the trails a lot this summer so you guys will have to bring the Zuks down and play.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode