Rocky Road Strikes again? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-11-2004, 11:46 PM Thread Starter

Rocky Road Strikes again?

Well, it looks like I hit a snag.

I ordered the OTT steering Stage 2 upgrade on March 25, hoping that would be plenty of time to get it installed before Zuwharrie (April 15th). With the current setup (Stage 1), the tierod is rubbing on the leafspring, and I wanted to fix it before my first big wheeling trip of the year.

On March 31 I got a phone call that the item hadn't been shipped yet. When I called, they claimed that their was a problem with the card (took them 7 days to discover this?) I gave them a different card # and called my bank. Bank said that there was no problem with the card at all, and the transaction would have gone through fine.

Oh well, item should still arrive with plenty of time. The package was shipped on April 1st, and arrived on April 8th. I did a quick check of the package, and saw that there was a tierod, a bracket, and a few screws. I planned on doing the install this weekend.

When I got all set up to do the install, I found that they shipped the wrong bracket. They sent a duplicate of the stage 1 bracket (passenger side knuckle).

Now I'm screwed because there is no way I can get the right part shipped out, and installed before Zuwharrie.

[img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-12-2004, 06:01 AM

Re: Rocky Road Strikes again?

Hey, call them this morning. Ask for MATT!!! Don't be mean and I bet that they will ship you the correct arm overnight. Ask me how I know this. Tell Matt that it is For Zuwharrie and you need it to be able to go. He will help you out. If he don't tell him that Art will beat him up!! [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-12-2004, 06:19 AM

JerseyZuks,
I post my little waiting story as it might make ya feel a little better [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Here goe's......
Well after my last river wheeling trip I found water in the air box so as I previously posted I fixed it up with some good old 3m and decided a K+N filter was in order to replace the soggy paper element sooooo off to my local parts man I go tell him what I want and no problem it will be here in the morning yippy !!!! [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] (which is 3 March)

Next morning I picked it up tried to fit it after work and it's the wrong size (#33-2065) [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] so back we go..... he rings the NZ distributor who works out where we went wrong and what one we needed (#33-2654) but then tells us he has none in stock but can bring one in from the US by the 5 April. Trying to get it going ASAP I then took the air box from a '92 Escudo (mines '93) which the first filter fitted home and tried to fit it but the MAS sensor and plug was different and the outlet faced the wrong way [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] so back we go to give the go ahead to order the one from the US.

Not having it going for a few weeks didn't worry me as I just wanted it going for Easter so I rang up on the 5 April and guess what no filter [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] apparently K+N US have none in stock and need to make some so I will have to wait another 4 to 5 weeks again [img]images/graemlins/thud.gif[/img] I find this hard to believe that they have no stock but thats the story I have received anyway [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

On the good side I was able to "share drive" the 413 with my mate on good Friday on our trip we'd had planned for ages.

Shane

PS before any one replies I know where to find sympathy its in the dictionary right between sh!t and syphilis [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-12-2004, 08:23 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Jersey... I am putting the responsibility for this screw-up on you. I mean if you wanted to go to zuwharri in 2004 you should have ordered that part from RRO in 1997. That seems the most logical to me, I mean really, what were you thinking?[img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I haven't had a single problem with them since I stopped buying stuff from them.

I really shouldn't bash, this was probably a mistake... Because the last three people I have known to order stuff from them have all gotten it in a timely manner. The 4th, however, has a bad taste in their mouth like me.

Why didn't you buy the OTT part from OTT themselves?
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-12-2004, 09:02 AM
Carolina_Zuk

I agree with Rockrat, call Matt and I bet he will overnight the parts. I have never had any shipping problems with them, but I deal with Matt only!! Good Luck, hope to see you there!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-12-2004, 09:29 AM Thread Starter

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Hey, call them this morning. Ask for MATT!!! Don't be mean and I bet that they will ship you the correct arm overnight. Ask me how I know this. Tell Matt that it is For Zuwharrie and you need it to be able to go.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks NC_Zuk, but I already ran out of wrenching time. I'm working a 12 hour day on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday (plus my hour drive to work, and my hour drive home). We are leaving for NC @ 7am Thursday morning.

Since it's not a major project, I'm sure I could squeeze the time in somewhere, but that leaves me absolutely no cushion if anything goes wrong. I would rather wheel it the way it is, then just take my time and do it right when I get back.

As I was typing this, another idea popped into my head. I could have them ship the replacement part, bring it with me to Zuwharrie, and just install it when I get there.

I haven't had a single problem with them since I stopped buying stuff from them.

[/ QUOTE ]

CTBrent - Unfortunately, I whole heartedly agree with this one. When I ordered my bumpers from them, they originally said that it would take 2 weeks before they shipped because they were custom ordered. After 8 weeks and multiple phone calls, they hadn't even started on them yet. I wound up taking a slightly different bumper, because they had it on the shelf.

I have had other orders delayed as well, and I decided not to order from them anymore. (I have since ordered everything from Trail Tough, or Aftermarket 4x4, and haven't had a single problem with either of these vendors)

Since I had the Stage 1 Rocky Road OTT steering system, I needed to order the Stage 2 upgrade from them. I'm starting to wish I just sold the Stage 1 on ebay and purchased a complete system from somebody else...
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-12-2004, 09:33 AM

Why doesn't Glenn fire the stupid monkeys and hire Matt's brother [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Whatta knuckle head [img]images/graemlins/thud.gif[/img]

I want some 8:1 gears, but it is sad to think that I would rather stick with my 6:1's than buy from RRO.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-12-2004, 10:43 AM

The OTT Steering stands for Over The Top. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with the company called OTT. It is just an abreviation.

Hey, bring the Arm and we'll help install it. Shouldn't take but 30 minutes with all of us there. Call Matt and have him ship it. I know he will. Don't ever give up on something that is rightfully yours. Bring it and it will be on there!!!
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-12-2004, 10:45 AM

I agree with Rockrat, call Matt

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey ya big honky!! Better look again!! I'm not NEAR as ugly as Rockrat [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 04-12-2004, 11:28 AM Thread Starter

Anybody know what time they open and/or start answering the phones?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode