New Project - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-07-2004, 05:31 PM Thread Starter

New Project

Got my hands on a 94 Geo Tracker for 300 bucks! Oh well, its something new, and for the past week I've been tryin to sell big bird for good this time. I plan on using my toyotas under it with 52" chevy springs and putting a zuk case behind the mated case, with 38.5 SX's of course. My question is, this lucky13 adapter I've been hearing so much about..could you "reverse it" so to speak, in order to use a toyota engine to the sidekick tranny(I figure Scott will know that question)??? Given the front splines of the engines must be the same since it can be done the other way around ( toyota tranny to sidekick engine). I guess I could build this one around 4 and not 8 cylinders [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-07-2004, 09:08 PM

Re: New Project

the lucky13 adapts a 1300 motor to a 1600 tranny. i have the lucky13 waiting to be used.

i believe it is the ringr that allows you to use toy tranny and t-case behind the 1600 engine.

if that had backwards compatibility it would be sweet to finally be able to swap in a durable engine into a zuk.

are you planning on doing your own cut and weld on the kick case or are you going with the kicker3? been thinking about doing something similar to wild weasel and his nice double t-case set up. is your kick a manual or auto?

[img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-07-2004, 11:06 PM Thread Starter

Ya I've got welder friends in low places, I went and picked up my yota axles tonight, tomorrow I go to snag my tranny. Imma run a stick shift 4wd tranny. I should ask Scott before making conclusions but from studying the way it bolts up to the setup it was made for, that or Im sure they could do something on the Mill to make it happen...Scott chime in at anytime here [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-07-2004, 11:57 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Negative Bill the LUCK13 only mates a 1.3 toa 1.6 Bell. The Ringer mounts between the toy trans and a 1.6 bell you need something to go between a Toy motor and a 1.6 bell..
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-08-2004, 10:18 AM

Geez Studly, never afraid of a challenge are you? [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-08-2004, 12:28 PM

Why would you sell the samurai? You have so much time and money in it.......Here's a project for you. Why not put the tracker body on your current samurai set-up a V-8 powered tracker would be awesome! [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-11-2004, 10:20 PM Thread Starter

Well my uncle is going through some hard times, so I decided to give the tracker to him. Guess Im a teddy bear when it comes to family [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I'll prolly just keep on keeping on with Big Bird for now. Until I run across some other cool project to do...
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-11-2004, 11:31 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Lets have a race to see who can get their (you'll have to find one!) slamurai the pimpest the fastest [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

No really though, slammed tracker, turbo rotary, AWD? [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-12-2004, 06:27 AM

Nowhere: Kinda like this?
web page

Sean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode