HELP !!!!!!...NEED ECM !!!!!!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-07-2004, 04:03 PM
Happy_Trails

HELP !!!!!!...NEED ECM !!!!!!!

Hi..I have not posted in ages because I have been going thru a DIVORCE. Right now my 1990 Samurai is in the shop. The guy seems to think it needs a new ECM. He is trying to tell me it will cost me $700 for a remanafactured one. Right now i do not have $700 to spend on this. Soooooo....my question is this.....DOES ANYONE OUT THERE HAVE A ECM FOR A 1990 SAMURAI ?????????????....I live in Southeastern CT. and could come pick up if not too far or pay to have it shipped. I really need this ASAP !!!!!! I live out in the sticks and have no other transportation, so it cost me $35 for a cab ride into work. I do not have a home computer at this time so if you do have one please feel free to call me either @ home or on my cell phone. My name is Alan and my home phone is 860-535-0483 and cell phone is 860-514-1749........I know alot of the guys usually have a few spare trucks kicking around, so if you don't need a 1990 Samurai ECM, PLEASE call me and let me know.......THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-07-2004, 04:38 PM
Frankenzook

Re: HELP !!!!!!...NEED ECM !!!!!!!

somewhere on this board there is an outfit that can fix it for you run thru the search engine and see what ya get!! [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/chairfall.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-07-2004, 05:17 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Is that EFI or carb? Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-07-2004, 05:51 PM
Keyboard Implanted

your alive! Whats it doing? I found this on car-parts.com:

Engine Computer
Suzuki Samurai REBUILD YOURS 18MO WARR 3DAYS RUB01 $159 Auto Parts Connection USA-NJ(Montville) E-mail 1-800-894-0073
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-07-2004, 08:50 PM
wayner

I have a 91 Samurai and I thought my ECM was bad. I did a search on the web and found a guy in Texas. I cant remeber the name though. I know he put a chip in it. I never found out if the ECM was bad or not but its working now. I think I paid around $379.00 with shipping.
No matter who you use its cheaper than a new one and possible cheaper than used one.

[img]images/graemlins/thud.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-07-2004, 10:44 PM
Can't Get Enough

Hey Happy....

Something that I discovered while doing the conversion on my Sami was that the ECM's are manufactured (often) by Mitsubishi and that many OTHER Jap vehicles use them...

Get the numbers off of the side of the thing and start calling the bone yards for one and see what shows..

Good Luck

BTW, my replacement came offa Mazda... [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-08-2004, 12:27 AM
upsoon

Chances are that your ECM needs three capacitors replaced as they are noted to leak and damage the circuits. Take it to a TV repair shop. Mine was fixed for $54.00. If you know how to solder pretty good, you could do it yourself for about $18.00. I can't remember the web site but there is one that shows you how to do it complete with pics.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-08-2004, 01:47 AM
wolfie

One of the suki aftermarket places has a exchage or repair program. Found the link http://petroworks.com/
They wanted $250. Hope this helps I have never dealt with
them yet, so I don,t know anything about them but the name
is around alot.Good Luck [img]images/graemlins/deal.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-08-2004, 08:55 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Find out the # on it. I may have one sitting on my shelf.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 04-08-2004, 12:46 PM
Happy_Trails

Hi again............NO luck so far...I did have one guy call but his was an 89 and carburated.....Mine is a *90* and it is *EFI*...the part # is....33920-80C30..........I called about every junk yard in my phonebook this morning...I *might* have 2 of them who *might* have one, but not sure yet. None of them had any ECM's but there was one in Wis. or somewhere for $300.......Now if i can not find one off a Samurai, how do i know what to look for off another car ???????? Just by the part # ????? Will a junkyard go look for one just by part # ????? If i can not find a used one this truck will be up for sale. No way am I going to spend $700 for one little part on this thing.
So......if anyone out there has a ECM laying around...PLEASE call me ASAP....THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!

Home # 860-535-0483

Cell # 860-514-1749

LOL...here is a good one..I called one junkyard..told the guy I need a ECM...he says..".Oh, a Engine Cooling Motor"....DUH....now there is a guy I wanna buy parts from....LOL !!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode