Save the running Sami's and Kick's from junk yards - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-03-2004, 04:41 PM Thread Starter

Save the running Sami\'s and Kick\'s from junk yards

Today I went to the Suzuki dismantlers in Rancho Cordova off of Sunrise Blvd and found 2 Suzukis. 1 1987 or 88 JX Samurai and 1 1993 I think, Sidekick, both in running shape. The Samurai turned on right away, it is stock with a pretty new soft top,good body, no tailgate though. They are asking $1200 for it, and may take a good offer. The Sidekick most likely turns on, it just has a minior dent to the side of the door and no windshield, not sure how much they are wanting for it. I hate seeing running Zuks just go to the junk yards for who knows what reasons and would recommend that someone who is looking for a Sami or Kick to check these ones out before they get parts stripped from them. The dismantlers number is, phone 916-638-5773 fax 916-638-4715.

Subaru, Suzuki & Kia Auto Recycling
3590 Sunrise Blvd. Rancho Cordova, CA 95742

Open - Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 5:30 pm Saturday 9:00 am - 3:00 pm / Pacific Time

Thanx,
Shar

*keep on zukin* [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-03-2004, 08:43 PM
Old Hand

Re: Save the running Sami\'s and Kick\'s from junk yards

if anyone is interested here is the link to there website
andy
http://www.4subarusuzukikiaparts.com/
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-03-2004, 09:35 PM
nester

:sigh:

darn west coast sami's..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-04-2004, 11:15 AM
SAS

Yeah, I know what you mean. Every year that passes, there may be fewer Samurai's on the road or on the trail.

I've found two here in Austin salvage yard, and neither appeared to have anything wrong with them (aside from the salvage yard using the roll bar and windshield as lift points for the forklift...yes, they destroy the windshield frame by lifting the truck with a forklift, through the winddshield frame).

Raise the hood, and it looks like they've removed the upper half of the engine, and left everything else to be picked over or rot in the Texas sun.

I asked what they'd sell the whole thing for, as is. They said they cannot sell them whole, only as parts.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-04-2004, 12:14 PM

Every sami around here in running condtion is on the road.
i see 5 or 6 of them every time i am on the road. and the junk yards out of the 20 junk yards around here seems like they only have prolly 10 samis and none of which have motors or trannys. and still with not motor or tranny they still want big bucks i'm talking 600 800 bucks.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-04-2004, 12:33 PM

Re: Save the running Sami\'s and Kick\'s from junk y

the local yards no longer have any zuks in them or swift gti cars. they do have lots of trackicks with blown motors though.

i have cut up quite a few zuks myself but i use the parts to keep other zuks driving and wheeling. personally i could care less what happens to a samurai unless it has a rust free body on it. [img]images/graemlins/censor.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-04-2004, 05:54 PM

You gotta watch out for the sharks on recycle row up there in Sac. Offer 1/2 what they want for parts cuz thats what their worth. All the yards in my area are picked clean of anything Zuk related, there are a lot of really nice built Zuks around here(Tusker being on of them) I don't know who it is but everything is pretty much stripped by the time I see it [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-05-2004, 05:11 AM Thread Starter

It sucks but it's true. No one care about there cars or trucks anymore. No one takes some time and tries to sell them, they just throw them away at the yards. [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] And that's messed up. If it runs don't junk it, sell it. If it doesn't run and has major issues then maybe put it in the yards. Hmmm. And with a zuk that's just fine, really ticks me off. Poor white zuk next to the running blue one unfortunatly already got picked. Might be my engine doner if in better shape than my engine. So that one RIP and gets to be a doner for other zuks. Sucks that people will be people and that there's little we can do, except save the strong, and pray for the weak. [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img] and keep zukin
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-05-2004, 10:41 PM
LilRed

Yeah, I like the people who just park em in the backyard and let the grass grow around 'em, til someone like me comes along and offers to take that eyesore outta their way at a cheap price!
post #10 of (permalink) Old 04-05-2004, 11:00 PM

I love those back yard Samis too. I really get a kick from their look when I ask if they want to sell it. It's almost as good as their, "Are you serious?" I agree that it's best to let the dog eared ones give thier life so others may live.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode