New PARTS came in!!! Wanna see pics??? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-03-2004, 02:05 PM Thread Starter

New PARTS came in!!! Wanna see pics???

UPS guy came by yesterday with 2 packages!!! [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] One with no duty or taxes, the other with a whopping $44.29 CDN! Nice.... [img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Anyway, here's a pic:

The shackles are the J-shackles from TT. I have the shackle stops already. For these, I paid Mr.UPS $44.29 CDN when they only cost me $60-something USD to buy. Add the cost of shipping itself..... and you can see why this was the LAST package I ever order using UPS or FedEx. I am more than happy with TT, as they are one of the few vendors out there that still call you back! In fact, Brent called me back without me even having to ask. Customer service at its best. But in any case, some vendors do still ship via USPS and I'll have to go through them from now on. I can't afford UPS anymore. [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

The cool looking adapters you see there are from High Angle Driveline. Jesse Jaynes (the owner) is one of the most stand-up guys I have EVER met. I've returned a couple things to him that were non-return items and he was very understanding. Unfortunately, there was a mix up on my end, and the wrong flanges were ordered. He took them back at HIS expense, and is even paying the duty/taxes I had to pay to get them in the first place. AND he is paying for the duty/taxes on these new flanges. Which there shouldn't be any. He sent these via UPS and ate the cost himself. Now THAT is service. BTW, these flanges are for the front/rear outputs of my Dana 300 transfer case and will allow me to bolt up a <nobr>Toyota</nobr> front CV shaft [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Yes......nice..... [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] If you want them, order now. They take 2 weeks min. to get done. He is extremely busy.

Aside from these 2 great vendors, I want to also mention Novak Conversions and Roadless Gear. Novak Conversions have also been one of the BEST guys I have dealt with. OK, so they are a mainly <nobr>Jeep</nobr> vendor but they have done stuff for me that I know no others would. Returns, partial buys, you name it. No trouble. For example, I placed an order for my Dana 300 input shaft on a Monday and had it come on that same Thursday via USPS!!!! Awesome. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Roadless Gear is also another great source for parts. I tried contacting Sky Manufacturing via phone and e-mail and never ONCE got a call back. So, I just called up Roadless and ordered their parts through them. Easy, one shot deal. Thanks Figmo.

The last parts there are the shock towers. They are the Ford F-250 type everyone uses, part # E5TZ 18183 A. I've seen some of the prices guys are selling them for! [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] I paid $33 CDN for the pair, FROM THE DEALER! The guy behind the parts counter was also an off-roader and gave me a deal. List price was $19.70 CDN plus tax.

Now, back to work [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Cheers,
Steve

I wanted to
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1286007-New Samurai parts 2.JPG (69.3 KB, 2 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-04-2004, 12:31 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: New PARTS came in!!! Wanna see pics???

Kewl stuff for sure . I do have some questions concerning shipping to you Canucks . I usually use USPS , how do I avoid costing you guys duties on incoming goods ? I have in the past had them marked and valued as "used auto parts" to help keep the Gov't out of your investments . Is this the way to go , or is there a better way? Also, do you have to pay duty according to the amount the parts are insured for ?
Sarge
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-04-2004, 11:12 AM Thread Starter

Re: New PARTS came in!!! Wanna see pics???

Hey Sarge. If you're shipping any auto parts, new or used, it doesn't matter. As long as they are auto parts, we don't pay duty. It's because of the Free Trade Agreement, where auto's and their parts are exempt. We do however have to pay our provincial and federal taxes, PST and GST respectively. It's the brokerage fees that UPS and FedEx charge to get the package across that kills us. Those fees are more than the tax itself.

If you send stuff over, and put its declared (insured) value at less than what it really is, the receiver will pay less to get it. And if it's under a given value, they pay nothing at all. I've had small parts come in that were $20 USD and paid no tax. There must be a limit of some sort. Just to give you an idea, in Ontario, we pay 15% in tax on top of what the item value is declared as, in Canadian funds.

By dropping the value of the parts, you save the receiver in taxes, but you've run the risk of having it insured to low, should something happen to the package (which is rare). Just be clear with the receiver that that is a chance they take. Oh, and it's against the law [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Cheers,
Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode