attempting a spoa, suggestions welcome!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-03-2004, 12:38 PM Thread Starter

attempting a spoa, suggestions welcome!!

i bought perches & u-bolts, do i need anything else? I have almost no money, so i'm trying to do this as cheap as possible. i found a chunk of a tooth in my rear diff fluid so i'm changing out the rear end, and decided while it was out i'd weld on some perches also. i bought the generic mr. gasket ones.

does anyone have any suggestions?
any good homemade spoa websites?

i'm just gonna weld the perches on parrallel to the stock ones. i'm going to reuse the mounting plates and stock shocks for now.

steering will be an issue. i'm gonna figure out a way to make a draglink. any suggestions on this?

thanks guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-03-2004, 12:58 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: attempting a spoa, suggestions welcome!!

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
steering will be an issue. i'm gonna figure out a way to make a draglink. any suggestions on this?

[/ QUOTE ]

#1 make it safe!!!
If you doubt your welding skills have someone qualified do them. Better to be safe than sorry.

#2 don't re-use old rusted u-bolts that you had a hard time getting off in the first place. running the nuts over the threads on the way out is not the best to re-use.
(disregard, I re-read your post ...lol)

#3 front perches parallel. Rear turn rear flange to be parallel with t-case and then turn it down 1-2 degrees to allow for spring wrap.

#4 Don't forget longer brake lines.

#5 don't forget driveshaft spacers

My 2 cents......
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-03-2004, 01:41 PM

If your just doing the basic spoa swap with no other lift the stock drag link will work....for awhile. When your off road and flex it up it will hit the passenger side leaf spring though. Also I owuld recomend not welding any steering components. It would be best to have someone bend you a z-bar.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-04-2004, 03:42 AM Thread Starter

thanks guys!

DannyL... I just got back home, i welded both the front and rear perches on parrallel to the stock ones, what ill affects might this have?

tommorrow i have to bend up and flare some new brake lines, tore off the old ones, and i'm taking the rubber lines off of this one, and using a male to male fitting to attach it to another set i've got to make it twice the original length.

and for steering i plan on cutting the stock drag link, and welding on quarter inch or thicker plate on an angle to join the two pieces. I'll have to wait until after i get the axle back in to find the required dimensions though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode