Sami Engine swap - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-02-2004, 11:45 AM
dickdowd

Sami Engine swap

I have a 1988 early model Samarai with a tired 1300 engine. With a low budget, can I install a 350 CI engine? Where would I get the conversion kit and what years could I put in? Would the 1600 be a better swap and what years can I use with little or no mods?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-02-2004, 01:36 PM

Re: Sami Engine swap

I don't want to sound like a jerk but you're comparing apples with lets say a keg of beer. [img]images/graemlins/chair.gif[/img] A 1600 has plenty of kits and supposedly an easy swap ...but 350 CI there is NO kits and you will be fabricating everything. If you must have more power than a 1600 then you can get a kit for GM 4.3 V6 but thats still a lot of $$$$. You're cheapest swap over the 1300 is either an 8valve or 16valve 1600.

Koko
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-02-2004, 07:46 PM

whats with everyone wanting v8's all of a sudden? [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Can you perform a 350 install on a low budget, honestly, unless you've got a $hitload of tools no you cant (at least not safely). Second, yes there is a bolt in kit for it, but its sold by the same retards that make the 4.3 kit, so thats expensive as well and from what I've seen...Pointless. However, in a retro-spect of thought my 16v wasnt cheap either. It all depends on what you have the time and will for I suppose. I've got a lotta money sunk into my v8 swap and its just now getting to where I can enjoy it. If you have any further questions just ask.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-03-2004, 01:53 PM

Boy I havent been back on the board for long but it does seem like everyone is wanting a V-8 or V-6 swap now. For a samurai I would recomend a 4.3L swap. That is a very good motor, planty of after market stuff for it. And I know of at least two vendors that makes kits for the swap. For me a 1.3L even a 1.6L swap seemed kinda pointless. My 4x4'n is done at the dunes or in the mud and the 4 bangers just didnt have the juice to spin 36-38" tire.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-04-2004, 03:22 AM

Hold on, who else besides Lightnning conversions makes a conversion kit???
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-04-2004, 10:57 AM
SAS

It just seems like a natural progression for some of us, to want stronger and faster. I was doing some research, but I've decided to go another (simpler) route. Fewer hassles, and besides, I don't need to go fast.

But ya know, it would be nice to screech 33"mt's from a red light with a poseur Daimler driver crapping his trousers in the obscuration of grey-white tire smoke billowing in my wake!

Maybe I'll do that V8 swap after all!!! hahahaha

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode