Brake question - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-24-2004, 02:58 PM Thread Starter

Brake question

Well, I finally got the Zuk moving under its own power today. Still needs shocks all the way around, but everything else is installed, adjusted and ready to go. First time I've got to drive it since I left home early last year. Here's the problem. I had to replace the rear metal brakeline at the axle, the one that connects to both sides. I have an 88.5 with the one rear rubber hose setup. I hadn't bled the brakes since I had put the extended brakelines on, I had to leave in the middle of my buildup and didn't have time. I managed to bleed the rear, and then moved to do the front but the both bleeders are stuck and they'll just round off rather than open if I try to turn them. I'm using line wrenches like I'm supposed to. With the motor off, I can pump the pedal several times and have a good firm pedal and see the fluid going down in the MC reservoir. After about 10 seconds, I see the fluid coming back into the reservoir and no pedal again. Also hear a faint air noise around the sensor cap in the middle of the reservoir cover. After this, I have no pedal pressure again. When I drove it, if you pumped the pedal about 5 times you could get the brakes to work, but barely. Any suggestions? I need to rein in all this raw power [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] but I'm stumped. Thanks for the help y'all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-24-2004, 03:25 PM

Re: Brake question

the samurai is hard to bleed the brakes use vice grips on the rounded off bleeders park nose down when you bleed the rears make shure the rear wheel cylenders arent stuck (they have a tendency of rusting on I think it was the trailing side)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode