O/T Somethings Gotta Go Bad ............. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-24-2004, 01:03 PM Thread Starter

O/T Somethings Gotta Go Bad .............

.........Cause I'm feeling way too damn good. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Not really a big Nickleback fan but the song kinda fits.

Sorry for this long post but I just wanted to share, and maybe even inspire others who are feeling down lately.

Everything just seems to be going my way lately. Some of you may recall a post I had here a while ago about how crappy I felt because of health problems (rheumatoid arthritis - It's damaged my toes, ankles, fingers, one wrist and one shoulder), and I was truly feeling rather depressed. Well it's funny how things can snowball once you start changing your lifestyle for the better.

It all started in January when I got the truck of my dreams, a brand-new F-250 Super-Duty crewcab turbo-diesel.

Then in the last two months I started eating better. I'm following a high protein/low carb diet and eating five or six small meals a day. It's not the Atkins diet, but kind of my own version of it. I still eat grains and such, just not as much and choose whole wheat as much as possible. And I'm still eating lots of fruits and vegetables.

Then I decided to join a gym. I was a little scared because I really didn't know what to expect from my body anymore given my condition. As it turns out my body adapted very quickly to the exercises and I soon was doing 30minutes of cardio on the crosstrainer machine every day. And I'm also back to pushing weight after about 10 years of sitting on my keester. I feel great - better than ever really. I have energy throughout the entire day, and am actually building muscle again. And the best part - my arthritis barely affects me at all anymore.

Then I recently met a girl after being single for the last four years (with the exception of shortlived physical romances). [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
She's pretty, sweet, intelligent, sexy, has a positive outlook on life, and has a heart of gold (picture Christina Aguliera with a girl-next-door quality). Only time will tell but I have a good feeling about this one.

I'm really feeling positive about every aspect of my life right now. And that feeling is 180° from the way I was three months ago.

The old Ray would be wondering when things are going to take a turn for the worse. The new Ray doesn't care, because no matter what happens, I know I'll be able to deal with it in stride.
[img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-24-2004, 01:40 PM

Re: O/T Somethings Gotta Go bad .............

What a grest post! [img]images/graemlins/goodpost.gif[/img] Glad things are going your way. I also very recently started eating
better ( similatr eating regimen, BP was too high). My metabolisum is just beginning to
shift, but I like what I feel about it.

[img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img] only thats water in the mugs, right? [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-24-2004, 09:14 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: O/T Somethings Gotta Go Bad .............

Good for you Ray!!!!!!

Ya brought a smile to my face with the upbeat positive post......

I need to get my life back on track as well. I'm hoping for spring to recharge my dead batteries and get my butt in motion!

Thx for the smile...... [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-24-2004, 10:08 PM

Ray- i am so happy for you!! Keep your mood up and nothing will be able to bring you down! I am so proud that you have bitten the bullet and started an excercise routine for yourself, your body will thank you as you age.
I am truely hoping to see you in JULY, i would love to meet your new girlfriend and intro you to my son and my much slimmer husband.
glad to hear that LIFE IS GOOD for you
AML
Rae [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-25-2004, 10:26 AM Thread Starter

Thanks alot guys.

Rae, how is Mitch doing with his slimming procedure? Hope all is well. I am trying real hard to be able to go to the 'Melt this year. I'd love to see Jakoby, as well as you and Mitch again.

Danny, you and I have talked in cyberspace now and then for years. I think it's about time we meet in person. Any chance you'll be in Indiana this year? If so I'll buy you a Molson. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

It's funny, when I posted this I thought it was a little corny but figured some of you might enjoy reading a positive post. Also, I've always felt as though many of you here are like extended family since we're almost all here everyday to read about each others experiences. Plus I met many of you at Zookimelt three years ago and still carry on long-distance friendships with you.

I'm glad that some of you enjoyed reading it. [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Now let's talk Zuks Dammit!!! [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode