installing a/c in my samurai - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-24-2004, 06:23 AM
asau

installing a/c in my samurai

in am going to be installing a/c in my samurai soon, but i wasn't the one who remove it from the donar. so could some people here help me out with some pics of their stock a/c system. i looked in my FSM but there is nothing about the a/c in it[img]images/graemlins/chair.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-24-2004, 08:52 AM

Re: installing a/c in my samurai

I was just recently thinking the exact same thing. The tintop I have here had A/C in it, but no more. In fact, there isn't anything left in it from the A/C. I looked through the FSM too and nothing.

Anyone help us out???

Cheers,
Steve
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-24-2004, 11:41 AM
4xoddic

Samurai AC manual Part#

I'm in the same boat.

At one time Suzuki had an AC installation manual, Part # 99963-01501-052 A/C - Installation Manual for the Samurai.

I've tried & tried (unsuccessfully) to get Jim Clark Suzuki, a new dealer in Junction City, KS, to order this manual. As best as they can figure out, it is no longer available although Suzuki Parts System does not formally state so.

At some point after 1991, Suzuki only included the installation instructions in the AC kit. (I kick my rear often for passing on a Swift AC kit for $100 when my local dealer dropped Suzuki line.

I had AC in my 88.5 JA champagne tintop (another reason to kick my rear often, sold it in 92) Original price was $5995 (THANX Consumer Reports) plus $1K for AC.

I have 2 AC systems to install, one a R134A. Also have a cold AC in a 91 Swift GTi. Just need to get off my *** & install before summer. I plan to film the install, & perhaps post).

Please advise if anyone can source that AC Installation Manual.

4xoddic
91 Samurai
90 Samurai (DOA)
86 Toyota 4X4 Turbo 21' Odyssey RV
88 FJ62
00 Tundra LTD 4$4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-24-2004, 12:41 PM

I've got the Suzuki manual titled: Air Conditioning Basic Manual. (P.N. 99520-02130-01E) It is what it says - very basic! Not Samurai specific. Gives some info on charging, compressor rebuilds,idle up device, pressure switch etc. I have A/C in my 88 & 87 but compressor has been pulled from the 87. Can take some photo's if you let me know what you guys need pics of and email 'um to ya. I may be able to get some pages scanned & email them but I do not have a scanner so it would be a PITA. But yeah what are friends for huh?
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-24-2004, 02:41 PM
asau

how about selling the a/c manual, then i could scan it for everyone to download? on the pics, i would like pics of everything a/c related like the on/off switch, hoses, compressor, canister, condenser and if i need more i will just ask [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-24-2004, 04:33 PM
Journeyman

I have a\c in my Zuk what exactly are you needing a pic of? I could probably snap a few tonight.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-24-2004, 04:49 PM

How about I mail it to you and then after you finish scanning etc. you send it back to me!
post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-25-2004, 05:39 PM

The thing I don't get regarding AC is what exactly is under the dash to provide that cooling???? I know that the AC lines run in and out of the cab but other than that, I have no idea where they go?

If someone can get a pic of the underside of the dash where the hoses come in and where they go, that would be appreciated [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Anything really, would help.

Cheers!
Steve
post #9 of (permalink) Old 03-26-2004, 05:05 AM
asau

clicker i got your email and will be awaiting arrival of the manual, then i will scan for everyone to enjoy [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

on the photos for me, i need pocs of ANYHTING, i have no idea where it all goes.

and a question, do i need the pulley from the truck the a/c came off of or will mine work?
post #10 of (permalink) Old 03-26-2004, 07:19 AM

Best thing for an AC in a ZUK is to make it into an AIR PUMP!!! I did mine and it works GRATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode