Fuel injection for Samurai Help?? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-19-2004, 01:24 AM
Hmongyaj

Fuel injection for Samurai Help??

Hi you guys...Samurai!

I have an 86 samurai and I would like to remove the wire harness then put in the 91 8 val tracker fuel injection unit in the samurai. Here is what I have so far... tracker harness, computer with all the relay and fuses box, ignition key switch and signal look like the only wire that had been cut are the radio wires only. Have anyone done it before? Heard lots of people done it, but never saw how it was done so I need help.

Here is what I have now on my Sam now....
86 Samurai 1.6ltr engine, thorley header 2 1/4" pipe turbo muffler, stock carb, 2wd sidekick transmission, 6:1 T-case, trail master 3" plus missing link shackles, pumpkin cap F/R, 5.13 R/P with detroit front and lock rite rear, Toyota power steering gear box and sidekick steering pump, MSD 6a multiple ignition, costum bumper with 6k Ramsey Pro, 3" body lift, nerf bar, on board air and CB radio, 15x8 american racing rims aluminum 33" BFG, birfield ring in front axle, home made skid plate, roof rack, light bar with offroad light, factory hard top and other offroad parts. Now just need to convert to fuel injection but is this going work? And how about smog in CA that's the ??? [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Thanks
Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-19-2004, 09:18 AM

Re: Fuel injection for Samurai Help??

It sounds like you have all the pieces. I started to do mine myself, but once I started pulling apart tha harnesses and looking at both manuals, I quickly decided that life was too short. I sent my harness to Brent at Trail Tough and for a feww hundred bucks I got a plug-and-play harness back. Took me about two hours and I was up and running. I know of quite a few folks who have done it themselves. It isn't impossible by any means, but it is very tedious and time consuming. If you are not an electrical guru and good at troubleshooting, I would think about having the harness done.

The other things you will need is a speed sensor installed in your instrument panel for the efi. You will need a higher output fuel pump as well or swap out the tank for an efi fuel tank which has the right pump in the tank. Lastly, you might need to do something creative with the air intake box. I had a stock one and couldn't get it to fit and close the hood without a few little mods. The plenum also hit the hood. The easiest thing to do is get a set of engine mounts from Petroworks that drop the engine and inch.

Good luck. The efi is WELL worth the trouble. You will be glad you did it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode