What seats fit the best with the least fab work? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2004, 09:13 AM Thread Starter

What seats fit the best with the least fab work?

I know this has been discussed a lot lately. Most of you have replaced your seats at some time or another. I will replace mine in the next week or so, I just need to go get a set. I have acess to most any kind of late model seats, so I can choose what I get. I do not have the provisions to build anything complicated, so my question is: What seats work well with the least amount of modification.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2004, 09:35 AM

Re: What seats fit the best with the least fab wor

I just scored a set of Neon seats, 4 door, but they were free so I'm using them. I've taken the drivers side apart and am in the process of grinding the rivets & welds holding the side bracket to sliding rails. Looks as if you need to weld/rivet the bracket back to the Sami rails. I have not got that far yet.
I think Steve has done a few of these and maybe he can elaborate. I read the write up on iZook but it was not clear (to me) how they attached that side bracket to the Samurai rails.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2004, 11:20 AM

I used '88 Iszuzu Trooper seats. They're on a platform
which needs to be removed and the rails are exactly the
same width and length of the stock Zuk. All you need to
do is drill 2 holes in the Zuk seat rail to line up with the
Trooper rails and bolt them on.
Very comfortable. [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2004, 11:22 AM

I junked my 84-300ZX a few years ago, and put those seats in my zuk.I used the nissan rails( the driver sides all power) and cut the zuk's rail mounts out. All of the nissans rail mounts were different hights so i choped up some aluminum body mounts an leveled the seats, then just bolted them through the floor.You could put just about any seat in like that.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2004, 11:52 AM
scottie

i have a Ford <nobr>Explorer</nobr> Power seat in mine, Its really wide (almost doesn't Fit) its really comfy, Sits really HIGH, Used its track, its also leather. I got it for free.

I mounted it on a piece of tin, floor was starting to get rusted in the spot that i wanted to mount it. [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1275869-DSC00690.jpg (55.6 KB, 41 views)
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2004, 12:46 PM

Re: What seats fit the best with the least fab work?

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
What seats fit the best with the least fab work?

[/ QUOTE ]
Stock seats. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I have Metro seats. I paid $20 for two seats and bought the install kit from Hawk. Pretty simple
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2004, 07:40 PM

scottie, i fully agree those exploder seats are very comfortable. i wanted to install a set of eddie bauer leather seats out of an exploder in my ranger but i can never find a good deal on a set.

as for seats, geo metro seats are super cheap or free and they can be bolted in using a cheap adaptor from hawk like has already been mentioned. i don't know of any other swap that is easier.

i installed a set of gti seats in my gti powered samurai and i absolutely love them but they are not direct bolt on but well worth the extra effort.

i have a stack of old stock samurai seats that i don't need anymore so this summer i will be making a few into lawn chairs. i figure i can just leave them out in the rain and let the dogs chew the $hit out of them and not give a rip.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2004, 07:45 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
install kit from Hawk.

[/ QUOTE ]

No mention of the Metro install kit that I can find on Hawk's website..is this a request item? How much is it?

Did you use 2 door metro seats for access to the back?

Really need new seats here and keeping them Suzuki is good [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2004, 08:43 PM

Older honda accord seats work very nice and they line up real good with the sammy slides and mounts, I have put several sets in Sammys and the honda accord seats were by far the easiest I have done, my two cents

Mark
post #10 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2004, 08:59 PM

Re: What seats fit the best with the least fab work?

I have a set of Mazda seats that are out of a 626 (I think) and all I had to do to bolt in the drivers seat was re-drill the holes in the seat rails and bolt them into the stock mounting points using the stock seat bolts. It literally took about 10 minutes for the drivers seat and if I remember correctly all I had to do for the passengers seat was remove the Mazda seat rails and drill a few holes to mount the Zuk rails on it. Another easy seat to install is the Esteem seats. They go on like the Swift/Metro seats....EASY!

Sean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode