What's a Zuk Without a Gunrack? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-11-2004, 11:42 PM Thread Starter

What\'s a Zuk Without a Gunrack?

Several people have asked about my gunrack, so here are some pics for those of who are interested. I bought it about 10 years ago and I can't remember the brand. It has a flat plate that bolts to the floor and then the rack screws to that. It comes out in about one minute, which is nice. I have also modified the lower plate so that it accepts my Power Tank for when I am wheeling.

I used a piece of 2x2 box tubing across the rear of the tunnel as a platform for the front of the mount. The rear sets on the front of the "bed". My only complaint is my new 7mm STW with its 26 inch barrel won't fit without poking a hole in my roof for the barrel [img]images/graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1275665-Rear shot.jpg (52.3 KB, 156 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-11-2004, 11:52 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: What\'s a Zuk Without a Gunrack?

If it weren't a Zuk , I'd be trading the truck off for that reason .BTW, 7mm's are sweet shooters ....
Sarge
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2004, 12:00 AM Thread Starter

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
7mm's are sweet shooters ..

[/ QUOTE ]
I just got a custom super-match stainless made on a Remington action with Timney trigger and a HS Precision stock. I can't say how well it shoots yet, but it should go 0.5 MOA or less. I have only had a chance to spend 5 hours puting the first ten rounds down the barrel. I don't care if I EVER see another jar of bore polish again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2004, 12:13 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Ugh, bore polishing . Haven't done that in a lot of years , for a reason . Last decent rifle I owned was a Remington 25.06 custom . Wish I still had it , lot of fun smacking gophers at 500yds . Crosswinds just never seemed to bother it , either. Most decent areas around here for shooting are gone or bought up by expensive hunting clubs . I've pretty much sold out just leaving one hand gun and my old trusty 5mm Sheridan Blue Streak for pests/neighbors . LOL ....
Sarge
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2004, 12:32 AM Thread Starter

I always wanted a .25-06. I am lucky enough to know a few ranchers, so I still have a place to hunt. But I know what you mean. It is getting to be a REAL richman's sport.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2004, 12:59 AM

I keep my .338 outside in an ATV boot - keeps it at ambient temp. No condensation when you get back in the nice, warm cab and laugh at the ATV's hehe.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2004, 06:03 AM

Thanks for the pic as I've wondered what you had for a rack also. That thing looks stout. Man for what you must have invested in the STW you could have bought 3 or 4 more Zuks! LOL
I need to make up something to hold 2 rifles in my rig but now that I have a tin top too it may turn out that it becomes the "hunt rig" and I'll look and see if it will accept a rack or holder with less fab work.
Yeah you gotta love the 7mm's, I shoot a 280 REM as my favorite deer getter. 55 grains of Reloader 19 behaind a Nosler 150 BT works every time. My problem now is I moved into NFA guns and I don't want that stuff out in plain view! Alas you poor guys in Cali will never know the joy NFA stuff delivers thanks to all the wacko anti gunners in CA.
Take care &amp; good hunting...............
post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2004, 06:58 AM

Being a lousy shot, my mini-14 (223) doesn't help--but the 40 shot clip does. A lot of noise, a bunch of smoke, and a very hot barrel go well with gallon milk jugs full of water blowing up. I miss the 6mm Remington BDL with a Leopould 3.5 X 10 that I sold in 1980. [img]images/graemlins/spank.gif[/img] WHY DO WE HAVE STUPID MOMENTS? [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] Cheap guns and cheap ammo go well with Zukes.
Good shooting! EO
post #9 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2004, 08:34 AM Thread Starter

I keep my .338 outside in an ATV boot - keeps it at ambient temp. No condensation when you get back in the nice, warm cab and laugh at the ATV's hehe.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's a good idea deepmud, but don't sideswipe a tree! Around here, things are a little different. During our hunting season, we keep our guns inside to keep them cool and the only thing resembling condensation is the sweat dripping off your mug in the 110 degree dear-season heat.

Clicker: It was a little spendy, but I already had the action, stcok, and trigger, so the whole thing ended up costing me about the same as what a new quality rifle would have cost. Know I just hope it groups as advertised.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2004, 10:49 AM

During our hunting season, we keep our guns inside to keep them cool and the only thing resembling condensation is the sweat dripping off your mug in the 110 degree dear-season heat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah yes,isn't A zone hunting fun! If nothing else it sure
gets you in shape for B zone or out of state.My club just
lost the land we'd been leasing for the last 18 years. [img]images/graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img]
It was a really puss set-up over by St.
Helena.It had a cook shack,bunk house,deck,skinning shed,
running water,heated shower,the whole cha cha! I guess I'll
be spending more time in the Mendocino National Forest in
the future.
With the way things are changing in Sonoma county you're
lucky to still have a place to hunt.Good luck in Turkey
season! [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode