*UPDATE* Fellow Zooker needs Help! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-11-2004, 07:51 PM Thread Starter

*UPDATE* Fellow Zooker needs Help!

The driver of this Samurai is My Cousin BJ. About 9 months ago B was diagnosed with Testicular cancer. At 23 he ended losing one testcal and afterwords they found that it had spread to his back and lungs. He went through several months of Chemo and eventually they ended up removing a lung. He was then told that he was in remission. A month later they found the cancer was in his blood stream.

Now he is undergoing extreme doses of chemo. He goes for a weak strait and then home for a week then back in the hospital and so on. He didn't have medical insurance or Disability insurance. He has been out of work for 9 months now. His wedding was called off due to the illness and now he is just hoping to get married in the near future.

What I would like to do is have a fabfest. If our great zook community could donate some old parts and what not, I would like to build up his 93 tracker. His plan was to build it and come wheelin with us at Gon Zookin but with his current situation he is unable to do this. I think it would realy lift his spirits to have a capable rig out on the trails. I was thinking about a fund raiser, which would be great, but I think the Caring and Enjoyment he would feel from having his rig built up would definately help keep his spirits up and keep fighting.

Please contact me or post here if you could help out.

Thanks,
Jeff Johnson
[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-11-2004, 11:36 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Fellow Zooker needs Help!

Hey Jeff,
I am deeply sadened by the ilness of your family member and My familys prayers go out to you and yours. I dont have any tracker parts. But if there is something special that you need made or machined what ever If I can help out you no how to get ahold of me...
-Scott
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2004, 12:04 AM
Keyboard Implanted

He's in our thoughts and hearts as well . I'm with Scott , I don't make Tracker parts but if I can help out let me know...
Sarge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2004, 12:27 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Guys,
I appreciate it. I was talking with CTBrent before and we discussed the tracker vs. Samurai point. B has 2 Samurais he is trying to sell. One is for parts and the other needs alot of work. He needs to get 700 out of them to pay next months rent. Could we pass it around and see if we could sell them for him? Or maybe we could build the Samurai and use the 16 valve out of his tracker. I don't know what to do. I just want to cheer him up and help him out. I know he would do it for me.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2004, 08:32 AM
Keyboard Implanted

I'm up for helping anyway possible. I would gamble to say that many in the tri-state area may be able to help, especially swinging a wrench.

We could lift the Kick. Prolly all we can do is some springs or spacers or sumthin'.

Are either of the Sammy's buildable? We could VERY easily build a kick up big in a weekend. And finding donations of old Sammy parts might be easier. If we could merge the 3 trucks, we could:

SPOA (and fab the stuff needed. Hey, I got an old Z-link!)
Use the rear Kick axle and make a Hybrid.
Install the Kick gears in the alxes.
Weld the rear diff (unless someone donates an old locker or spool).
And install the 16v. And the P/S (Bob and I can mount the box without a kit).

And even the Kick seats. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Yeah, he could have a very nice truck to bring to the event. We could organize into teams (the 1.6 install team, the axle team, the P/S team, the SPOA team, etc) and we could bang the thing out fast.

To EVERYONE: I met BJ and he was a very, very nice guy. Always seems like bad things happen to nice people. BJ's cancer has spread extensively. They treat one type only for it to rear it's ugly head in another organ. In other words, he may be fighting a losing battle, but we hope and pray just the same.

This is a quality of life issue, and similing, laughing and overall and keeping spirits/hopes high is the ost important thing he can do. If we all did just a little bit, we might help a Zooker feel better and get better.

I'm in. [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-13-2004, 11:04 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I would gamble to say that many in the tri-state area may be able to help, especially swinging a wrench.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, I'm in!

I don't have any tracker parts to donate, but I'm not far, I could come up and lend a hand (or tools, if needed)

Possibly we could have a few vendors donate some stuff, put a list of items up on the board, then do a raffle? Maybe $10 a ticket, or something like that?

What about a fund raiser ride at Paragon? Maybe talk contact the park, have a Sunday afternoon run, and split the proceeds?

Just some ideas, email me if I can be of any help
[email protected]

post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 07:44 PM

Anybody got an update?

Seemed like a few good ideas were posted, and you have a few volunteers.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-18-2004, 08:00 PM Thread Starter

Well He is still in the hospital. It seems that it would be a lot easier to build up his Sammy. I just need to get with his Parents to get the OK. They were trying to sell them to help B out with the bills. I do appreciate everyones Generous offers. As soon asI get the OK I'll post some more.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-07-2004, 07:54 PM Thread Starter

The Doctors have dubbed B's cancer "incurable". He has not given up hope though. He is now in Philadelphia seeking new options from some of the best cancer experts around. I am completed inspired by his courage and faith.

I haven't given up on building up a zook for him either, Last monday I stole his old Samurai and stashed it in my garage. A 90% rust free tub has been donated and is sitting in my back yard. It would be great if we could build "Project Raising Spirits" into a completely trail ready vehicle for him and Unvail it at Gon Zookin.

If anyone has anything they could donate I would be forever gratfull. I would like to host a Fabfest at my house May 1st and 2nd. I have room in the house if you want to stay and there is also room in the yard for tents.

I would like to thank you all for your support.

Jeff
post #10 of (permalink) Old 04-07-2004, 08:51 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I have some 31x10.5 retreads I'll donate, I just can't come down that weekend. I have a roadrace and tickets to Tracy Morgan and Horatio Sanz...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode