UH OH - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-09-2004, 12:32 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

UH OH

Well today sucked. Went to work and my dad fired me. I got a ticket and the ins. started fussin about me drivin the work truck. Then yesterday i got cut off on the 4 lane by a dump truck and had to go thru the median at highway speeds in my F450. Anyways some "good citizen" called and reported me drivin crazy. That added fuel to the fire so to speak and now im left jobless. Me and my dad dont get along all that great anyways so maybe its for the best.

In the meantime ive got bills that have to be paid. So ive decided to sell some stuff that i had planned on keepin. I know i shoulda put it in the for sale section but i really need to sell the stuff. Not tryin to get pit jus tryin to make some cash, im sure most of yall know where im comin from. Heres what ive got.

A complete 1.3 motor. never heard it run but it was said to have a slight knock. Not sure if it really was a bottom end knock or a top end tick.

A complete set of yota axles. drum to drum and hub to hub.

Both yota driveshafts

Maybe a webber 32/36, Im not sure if i can run my stock carb on my 22r yet, i yanked all the emissions bs. If i can ill be sellin the webber.

A 5spd and tcase combo from a yota pickup.

The toyota parts are from a 81-82 toyota pickup.

If you are interested in any of the parts please pm me or email me [email protected]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-09-2004, 01:06 PM

Re: UH OH

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Went to work and my dad fired me..........Me and my dad dont get along all that great anyways so maybe its for the best.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sounds like the producers of "American Chopper" should be filming a show at your place. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-09-2004, 03:12 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Will.. Sorry to hear about your misfortunes... Sounds like you need to take some time to regroup. You got a PM coming your way brotha.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-09-2004, 03:26 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

The american choppers thing is pretty dearn funny. Never thought about that.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-09-2004, 03:52 PM

I kinda know what you're going through. It can be tough having a working relationship with a family member. I've worked with my father for about 15 years now, and trust me it wasn't always wine and roses. There are always growing pains but things eventually smoothen out.

Funny thing is one of our competitors has his son in the business now. This kid is about ten years younger than me but we get along pretty good. We get together now and then to swap stories and I see so much of myself in him and how I would have reacted like him ten years ago, especially when he talks about his Dad and him butting heads.

I think it's just a natural progression with a Father and Son business. He wants you to do everything his way (the old way) but you see new and better ways of doing things. Often stubbornness gets in the way of logic. Sometimes the old way really is better and you have to give in. Sometimes the new way is better, but you have to ease him into it because sudden change might get his defences up.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-09-2004, 05:32 PM

I used to work for a Man who had his son working for him.The kid was a real Goofball (NOT making comparison here) He caught him smoking Dope and with his girlfriend half undressed in the office among many other things . He fired him repeatedly but caught double HELL when he would get home from his Wife. You can guess who won!! [img]images/graemlins/spank.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-11-2004, 05:19 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Got my job back. Go figure. Guess he realizes i am good at what i do. Anyways, about the butting heads thing. I know what you mean. Problem is i dont know much about what we do. I do but then again i dont, ive worked for dad for almost 10 years now, but ive always been the "runner" and the trash guy, and the demoliton person. Nobody is better around here when it comes to demo, but now that im tryin to learn the building part of it, he gets pissed cuz i should know what im doin, cuz of all the years ive been around it. Until the past year or so i was too busy thinkin bout what i was gonna do after work instead of payin attention and learning.

Biggest problem is that you see him as your dad first and foremost, the employer part jus kinda gets thrown in there. Thats all fine and dandy till you question your dad who at that particular moment is really your employer.

I have to say i like workin for him. Jus wish he wasnt so hard on me. Altho i know why he is.

Parts are still for sale jus incase somebody was wondering.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode