new england zuki club - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-08-2004, 04:58 PM
standog

new england zuki club

Is any one intrested in forming a club. I have talked to a few people from around here and I thought it might be a good idea. Even if its unoficial. I hope to meet those who live up here at the next fabfest when it happens.

Clay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-08-2004, 05:30 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: new england zuki club

Well we do have an unoffical one.. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] NeZUK.
it is just the group of us that do the gonzookin and my Zookin2k runs up here in mass. We have discussed a little more formal setup but it has allways gotten a cold reception.
I belong to a very active club anyway (NE4WI) and don't have time to orginize a club. I try to do 2 fabfests a year, and we possibly have a few volenteers for one in CT and eastern mass this spring too.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-08-2004, 06:03 PM
Keyboard Implanted

yea, I would join a Sami club if someone started one. I belong to the same one as Wildweasel. He is the only Tracker and I am one of two samis that attend the monthly runs regularly. Its mostly Jeeps, I still like the looks on their faces! If you have good organizational skills (I dont!) and want to start it off I am sure you will get people to join. There are quite a bit of Suzukis in the area and like Wildweasel said, we are an informal group. We get together every summer and there are 25-30 of us. If you become regular on this board you will probally get to know a bunch of us.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-08-2004, 06:18 PM
standog

I hope to meet you guy's one day. What club do you belong to? Most of the ones that I have found require a highly modified vechicle. Mine is mostly stock. I thinkI could put something togather with a little help. We'll see.

Thanks

Clay
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-08-2004, 06:32 PM
Keyboard Implanted

New England Four Wheelers
While I was building my sami I did a basic SPOA and ran 31's with a welded rear end and a GRSII on my daily driver. I had a blast and went everywhere everyone else did. How are you set up?
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-08-2004, 06:38 PM
Old Hand

standog
where in ma are you
maybe you could fill out your profile so that the rest of us will know what you have and where you live
im not trying to give you a hard time just help you out a little
andy
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-08-2004, 06:43 PM
Enthusiast

Mosty stock for zookin can be done. I think I have the most stock zuk there.
George
post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-08-2004, 06:47 PM
Keyboard Implanted

You don't have to have a monster. We have a great time with ours. Jim
post #9 of (permalink) Old 03-08-2004, 07:23 PM
Keyboard Implanted

The runs on the east coast are allways carefull to have everyone in mind. This year at my run I lead the stockers with my modified tracker and had a great time too. I am in Western mass.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 03-08-2004, 07:34 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I'm supporting you in the desire to from a club. I've kept the drum beating for such a club for quite a while. However, with me starting my own consulting biz AND a serious family obligation, I really don't have the time to devote to the cause and make it happen. Hell, I barely have time to work with the two Zookin events ('Gon Zookin and ZookinY2?), which in itselt makes me sad, [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] as I really enjoy doing it with Glenn, Randy, Wayne, Jeff and too many others to spell out.

But, if you make yourself known, very known, and take baby steps at building NeZOOK, they will come. [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The best scenario is becoming legit by incorporating as a non-profit/not-for-profit. This has many benefits for entering land use agreements, obtaining member/event insurance and such. BUT, this comes with legal bill$ (if services are not pro bono).

Which leads to point two, money. Zookers are tight, and dues or such MAY go over like a lead Zep. If fact, prolly would. Remember, there WAS a national Zook association that had a very chequered past.

What I'm MUCH MORE in favor of is forming a non-for-profit LLC with a single purpose. There would be founding members and subsequent limited members forming an LLC with the sole intention of finding the right parcels and purchasing them, insuring them and WHEELING them. Much like a private hunt club. In fact, insuring as a Hunt club would prolly be less than trying to get an excess line of insurance for a 4X4 Ranch.

The club would need to be set up in the state that has the all-round BEST LLC laws, and from there the club would purchase lands in various N.E. states. Right now, there is still lots of land in NY that would be a pissah to wheel and it's under $1000 and acre. The same may for parts of Mass and VT, Maybe even the northwest corner of CT. Some places work out to a few hundred bucks an acre in large lots.

25 Zookers with $5000 makes a quarter million pot to buy land. That's a 300-500 acre BUILDABLE parcel!!! Go looking for the land you can barely walk on let alone build, and the buying power is factored.

Talk about a 4x4 ranch club and you're talking into my good ear. I'd rather pony up 5 G's for land than $50 for club dues. [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode