Need some brake help - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-02-2004, 12:32 PM Thread Starter

Need some brake help

Ok I had to take a brake hose off the brake sylenoid thats located on the passenger side of the frame, right in front of the firewall. To break it down there are 2 brake hose outlets, one goes to the front right, the other to the front left tire. I had to take the front right tire brake hose off in order to fit the v8 better. Well this time I took it off and as Im trying to put it back on it wont thread in, I have tried numerous ways to get the hose in. I have came to 2 conclusions on which I have to do, either attempt to rethread the hole (I would need someone to help me out with the hole/ thread size, I believe we narrowed it down to a 10mm*1.00 but does that sound right?). Or I was thinking about blocking that hole off, and running a splitter off the other bore hole, I thought this might work because the 2 holes are bridged together? and blocking one off would put the pressure through one of them would cause all the pressure to go through one and split through a Y piece and really not effect the effeciency of the brakes? Someone help me out before it pisses me off to much and I ditch brakes in favor of gear stopping [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-02-2004, 04:06 PM

Re: Need some brake help

Billy, either you have striped the block, (replace it) or are simply not getting the hose straight on, when
begining the aproach.

The other aproach is to get a block that has the outlets where you need them, if fit is that much of a
problem.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-02-2004, 04:11 PM Thread Starter

its more of a problem then I imagined, I tried to take the block out today just to look at it and none of those damn hoses are comming out, I got one out, thats it, all the other ones are stripping, and Im using a 10mm wrench. I doused them in some more PB blaster before i let and will let them sit over night, take another stab at things tommorrow, if no luck Imma have to refrain to cutting it all out and replacing it with all new hoses. Lets hope the PB does its magic over night tho. Do you know where I can get the new blocks wayne? I tried looking for a tap to retap the hole but nothing really matches up to good, so do you know where to get one of those blocks?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-02-2004, 11:02 PM
clyde_causey

Put a brazing tip on your torch to better able you to control the flame tip. Build a small flame and heat the nut/ferrell alone. Try to find a tubing wrench instead of an open end. It will come out with perserverience (sp). clyde
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2004, 01:13 AM

Take a line or nut with you to a real parts store, not one of the chains. They should have replacment generic
tee or Y blocks. Some hardware stores have them.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2004, 01:17 AM Thread Starter

There is a huge napa down the road from me, maybe I'll look there, I would much rather put an entire new unit in there ( whats the name of it?) and replace all the hoses, but if I can skate by with a little taping and resetting then I would love it...
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2004, 06:52 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Are you talking about the proportioning block on the frame? If so I am sure there are more than a few floating around the forum. I probably have one...
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2004, 09:38 AM Thread Starter

ya thats what it is! Maybe I could post it on the wanted page if you dont have one brent...
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2004, 09:59 AM

the proportioning valve is on the passenger frame near the gas tank. there is also a junction double T in the engine compartment on the passenger side. I think I have a double T in my parts some where But I am in CA
post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2004, 07:21 PM Thread Starter

I guess its a double tee then, its on the passenger side of the frame right in front of the firewall, next to the gas lines that run to the engine. it connects to 4 different metal hoses and on the top it has 2 rubber hoses, tommorrow Imma battle to get all the hoses off and the piece out so if you have one thats good please give a price so I can go ahead and get a new one...lol maybe with some new brake lines if you have that to lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode