Join Date: Apr 2001
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: soft doors with removable top halfs?
Hey Tim have you built a set yet?
A couple of questions for you.
1. Will they be low cut (just above the hinge, slop down to the stock latch location)?
2. Will the inside of the door be finished or just the outside, inside pockets?
3. How will the two halfs attach/lock togeather?
4. Will the window unzip?
5. Will there be a window in the lower half also?
6. If yes to number five will it unzip?
7. Will the windows be removable and replace able?
8. Are the doors going to be super light?
9. Will they have locks or just no-locking handles?
10. Will the doors follow the contour of the body?
Sorry for the 20 (10) questions, but I built a set about two years ago and those are some off the questions I came up with before I built mine & some after I was done. The biggest problem I had with mine was the top pulling out at highway speeds. I had a CJ5 that had the same problem, but not as bad. I am sure if I used a harder matterial or hardened it after it was formed it would have had less problems. I use my bottom halfs all the time (in the summer) and the top half's to keep the rain out at work.
So to answer your question, if they stay shut at highway speeds. Are A comperable door to others on the market as far as build fit finish and price. YES
I have not had time to rebuild mine, or build a new set. To much going on.