Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   Suzuki GEO All (https://forums.off-road.com/suzuki-geo-all/)
-   -   weber accelerator pump (https://forums.off-road.com/suzuki-geo-all/183994-weber-accelerator-pump.html)

Douglass 01-02-2004 12:38 AM

weber accelerator pump

I'm wondering what all of you do to clean out the accelerator pump circuit. I've had a hesitation off of a start on my 32/36 dgav. I looked down the carb and noticed that the nozzle was barely shooting (dribbling). The carb is about a year and a half old. I pulled the diaphragm and it looks fine. I blew out the nozzle, jet, hole that leads the the nozzle and jet, the two holes in the bowl and the three holes in the accelerator pump chamber with air. This is an all of the sudden (a month ago) type thing. It now squirts out regularily but I seem to remember a much more powerful squirt when I first had it. Thanks for any help. BTW is there a way to tell if the check ball is moving properly without taking the carb off the intake? [img]images/graemlins/spank.gif[/img]

Douglass 01-02-2004 06:42 PM

Re: weber accelerator pump

I am starting to wonder if it is still the accelerator pump. The hesitation occurs when I stomp on the pedal any time from idle. Any suggestions?

Sarge 01-02-2004 08:33 PM

First , don't use compressed air , back flush it with carb cleaner to wash out any particles so they will show up in the float bowl . Then, stop playing with the accelerator pump because the dirt problem is in the primary idle jet . If it's plugged at all , that hesitation will show up there . If you can't get any dirt to show up from the accelerator pump and the idle jet is clean , get a timing light out and verify that the vacuum advance is working . All three of these things together or alone will cause that problem , they work as a system .....
Sarge

Douglass 01-02-2004 10:13 PM

I'll have to check the timing later. I took the carb off the intake so that I'll be able to clean it better. Seems as if the accelerator pump isn't pushing enough gas up to the nozzle.

Thanks for the suggestions - I'll use the carb spray.

Sarge 01-02-2004 10:39 PM

Really sounds like you have a lot of crap in the check ball, look to see if it's pushing all of the volume back into the bowl .
Also, that nozzle tip on the top plugs up pretty easily, I may have a larger one if you need or I can get them .
Sarge