The Year in Retrospect...... What did you learn? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2003, 03:16 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

The Year in Retrospect...... What did you learn?

Much has happened in the past year, both personal and Zukewise. All good, but for me there was one recurring lesson I kept repeating........

The lesson:

Look closely....

Yep, that's it. To scrutinize everything I do. To put it under a microscope (figuratively). The small investment in time in looking closely pays big dividends in the long run....

So, my question to the collective Zook community is?
What did you learn this past year?.........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2003, 03:27 PM

Re: The Year in Retorspect...... What did you learn?

#1--A Toyota axle swap cost more and takes more work then I thought
#2--A Chevy S10 won't run long with a leaking head gasket
#3--No matter how deep the hole you hide in is.....the US goverment WILL find your a$$.

Happy Holidays everyone [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2003, 05:54 PM

Re: The Year in Retorspect...... What did you learn?

whew, where do I begin...

that was a very long statement, whew.

But most important in regards to what i've learned in this past year, "respect & to have patience for understanding."

X. Zukpirate
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2003, 06:46 PM
auminer

Re: The Year in Retrospect...... What did you learn?

No matter how old I get there is always more to learn in life. Out of the numerous lessons this year I'd have to say the most important...no, the most beneficial....has been patience. It truly is a virtue [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

auminer
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2003, 08:15 PM
arizuki86335

We learned to love Zukis even more.

There was a time this year when I was WAY bummed out with our '87 (purchased in 9/99) and I told the wife, "I'm sellin' it." She FREAKED!

She said, "You can't sell it!" And we had a real tizzy-fit about it.

Meanwhile, my best friend's wife backed right into the passenger door one day and boinked it. And then SHE freaked. Practically went nuts on a guilt trip about messing up The Arizuki. I said, "don't worry," it's all part of some plan."

And somehow, my agnst over that '87 evaporated. I suddenly loved it and couldn't part with itBIG dent and all. I even told the wife, "Let's buy another one so we can have "his" and "hers." Oh, man, was I POPULAR that day!

Sure enough, on cue, an 88.5 tintop showed up. Granted, we shoulda done more homework before forkin' over the bucks. The seller was a card carrying pathological liar. Luckily, I've been able to right all of its wrongs.

And it's a looker, for sure. The wife loves it. Big time.

Me, I'm driving the '87 with the dinged door and all of the rest of the "character." But, doncha know, what we learned this year is "a whole lotta love" for Zukis.

We're looking to buy at least one more, maybe two. We're surfing Ebay soaking up cheap parts, cozying up to the local Suzuki dealer parts guy and just plain gettin' obsessive 'bout 'em.

I guess that's what we learned: ain't no boundaries to this madness. Just keeps gettin' mo' deeper.

S Happens. (That's SUZUKI Happens.)

j
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2003, 08:20 PM

i learned that no matter how much time and money on spend on my rigs(bronco, f250, zuk, zuk) they will never ever be ANY closer to being finished.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2003, 08:47 PM
Keyboard Implanted

What did I learn? "Do not pull loaded semi's with yer Zuk" , that's what I learned....hehe
Sarge
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2003, 09:00 PM

That the little stuff means very little. Whether or not your zuk is running when the weekend comes, whether or not you make it to Moab this year, whether or not you get that big upgrade you've been working and saving for... It all don't mean crap if you don't have your health and your family. If you have that then you are truly blessed. If you have that then all the other stuff too, then you're doubly blessed. Be thankful. Some of the guys I work with will never be able to walk again, turn their head again, run again or just walk right again.

I've spent too much time worrying about, planning, or just tinkering with the zuk and other stuff around the house. When I sat back and thought, "What have I done with my wife and family" -- well, it wasn't much. And that was what we got the zuk for -- so we could get out and do stuff on the weekends.

I've also learned that you guys on this board are great people and your cumulative knowledge is invaluable! Thank you all and we wish you the very best this Chrismas and new year.

WB and family
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2003, 09:14 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
That the little stuff means very little. Whether or not your zuk is running when the weekend comes, whether or not you make it to Moab this year, whether or not you get that big upgrade you've been working and saving for... It all don't mean crap if you don't have your health and your family. If you have that then you are truly blessed. If you have that then all the other stuff too, then you're doubly blessed. Be thankful. Some of the guys I work with will never be able to walk again, turn their head again, run again or just walk right again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you brought things into a new light. When you really take a good look at your problems and pressures in life we have to be thankful for two things, our health and our family. Without one of the two you can't be truely happy in life and I thank God for both.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-24-2003, 04:58 AM
SammiTerra

I've learned a couple things
You will miss them when there gone.
( My son has been in National Guard boot camp since Aug. and I have missed him very much, But he's been back since last Tuesday and its been good.)
Trailer your zook from steams corner to the melt if you have a rod knocking.
(The long trip from the melt to the campground got my zuke on staurday evening of the melt. But life is good, now I have the excuse to get the 1.6 16 valve I've wanted.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode