sidekick 3rd in sammi axle - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-22-2003, 08:18 PM Thread Starter

sidekick 3rd in sammi axle

who makes those spacers to fit the kick 3rd member into a samurai housing? thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-22-2003, 09:33 PM Thread Starter

Re: sidekick 3rd in sammi axle

am i an idiot?
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-22-2003, 09:39 PM
pugrocker

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
who makes those spacers to fit the kick 3rd member into a samurai housing? thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]
Almost every vendor that sells kick/tracker third members....

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
am i an idiot?

[/ QUOTE ]
No.....just lazy. If you would have visited just two of the Suzuki vendor sites chances are you have probably would have found what you were looking for. But it seems that most people on this board are too lazy do not use the search feature or look on the INTERNET for the answers....Not picking on you in particular just an observation from lots of the recent posts on this BBS.

TRAIL TOUGH
Trail Tough's solution to retaining the spider gear shafts when changing to Sidekick/Tracker R&amp;P's.
Item # SRC-400 Price $35.00 each

PETROWORKS
Designed to help you install Suzuki R&amp;Ps. Ring and Pinion install kit for installing the
Tracker/Sidekick gears into the Samurai carrier, completely "bolt-on" no
welding is required. Includes spacer and cross-pin retaining sleeve.
PWP4010 $25.00 Shipping wt. 1 lb.

HAWK SUZUKI
Hawk Strictly Suzuki diff cans. This machined part will hold your spider gear pins in place when you install the sidekick ring gear on your samurai carrier. Others are just copies. Install the original.
Price $29.00 ea

SPIDERTRAX
Precision CNC machined parts make this kit the best on the market. This retainer sleeve and bearing adjuster washer are needed for installing Suzuki Sidekick OEM gears into a Samurai carrier. No welding or machining is required for the installation of this kit.
Spidertrax R&amp;P Retainer Sleeve Kit - Samurai $35.00

BREEZE INDUSTRIES
The spacer is required when changing the differential gear sets (Ring &amp; Pinion) from stock 372 Gears to Tracker or Sidekick 462 or 513 gears. The new Ring gear is narrower and requires a spacer, to position the carrier in the proper position.

The tube is required to retain the Spider-Gear pins in the carrier that were previously retained by the old 372 Ring gear. This tube is machined to allow the pins to rotate but not to slide out of the spider gear block.

Note: On some carriers the tube will require dimpling to retain it in position.
Tube &amp; Spacer $60 Set

The only other options that I am aware of would be to go with US Gear or CALMINI gears which bolt in without any kit.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-22-2003, 10:24 PM Thread Starter

no, i'm talking about a ring that spaces out the whole sidekick 3rd member so you don't have to swap the gears. i know i've seen them some where.

i'm not lazy...... well i am lazy but i looked and what you found was all i could find.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-22-2003, 11:11 PM
Keyboard Implanted

You dont have to swap gears to put the 3rd into a zuk housing. the kick fronts bolt right in to the housing. the only time a can and spacer are neded is if you install just the kick gears into the zuk housing, which is the recomended way to go. So I guess I dont understand your question [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-22-2003, 11:24 PM Thread Starter

so will the rear bolt in?

the reason i ask is because a friend of mine wants to put the kick 3rds in his sammi. and he wants to get out as cheap as possible.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-22-2003, 11:28 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Negative you need 2 fronts the rear 3rd out of a kick is physicaly to large but you could get 2 front housings one for front one for rear..
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-22-2003, 11:41 PM Thread Starter

ok, thanks rat! thats what i needed to know!
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2003, 12:55 AM

Hey pugrocker/rockrat et al ... is there a FAQ section here? If this was like Sr20Forum.com (my Nissan hangout), such a comprehensive answer to a commonly asked question would either be bumped into a "FAQ's" subforum or stickied somewhere... which could help with a number of the repeat questions - i.e.: a natural place to search first and an easy link to cut and paste in reply to oft-answered questions --- dougO - comments?

I know there's plenty of stuff that I've spent lots of time searching for that I would've loved to have found in a faq.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2003, 03:15 AM Thread Starter

sometimes direct questions deserve direct answers. i had been searching for an hour before i posted and i had an answer within the same amount of time. let this thread die and it will be out of everyones way.

it's starting to be like pirate over here.

but yes if this question is a faq, then it would have been nice to look there and find an answer. would have saved some time as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode