the good, the great and the ugly!!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-17-2003, 01:49 AM Thread Starter
Journeyman

the good, the great and the ugly!!!

First I want to thank everyone who has offered constuctive help and criticism with my little Sammie projects. The knowledge and advice is greatly appreciated.

I would like to single out some people and companies who have exceeded my expectations and were more than helpful.

I'll start with North Coast Offroad. I made my first purchases there when I got my RUFs and ARS kits along with shocks and a few other items. Since I was keeping spua they made sure they got the right shocks by doing some measuring and consulting with Doetsh Tech. They called me back a couple times to make sure we got the right sizes ordered and then asked me to call them back if they were wrong and they would swap them. They were perfect the first time.

Hawk has been my source for most small parts. When I discovered my EGR valve was bad, I was quoted something like $150 for a new one from Suzuki. One phone call to Hawk and a used one was in my hands in two days, clean and ready to go. I ordered a new soft top from them the day before Thanksgiving. It was on my doorstep on Saturday!!

I called Rocky Road around Thanksgiving as well. I ordered their Mega-flow system after telling them about some troubles I was having with my EFI swap as well as a few other odds and ends. They knew that my project was on hold until I got the filter assembly, when I received the package a few days later, it had been shipped second day, with no additional charge.

A couple weeks ago, I actually looked at the address for Roadless Gear on their web sight. Darn, I should have looked sooner!! They are 20 miles away!! I was needing a fold down kit but they were missing a few pieces. While I talked to Figmo in his shop, his wife went and got the parts. Did I forget to mention that this was days after she had her baby? I had no idea until I was paying for the parts and saw the little guy in the office. He also sold me a windshield frame he had laying around at a fair price. Too bad he's moving his shop four hours away in a few weeks!!

I also had some great dealings with some individuals on used parts. FarmerBobRainey on the Jeep board was fantastic. He sold me a set of CJ front springs for $5 plus shipping. One spring had a slight bend in one leaf, so he told me about it, then put it in his press and straightened it. He also emailed me and asked me if I wanted the bushings pressed out as well. All for $5!!!

I wish I had saved the name of the guy I bought the 4.16 gears from. Unfortunately I don't. He used them for 1000 miles then changed plans. When I got the package, each item was individually wrapped in bubble wrap, then padded in shop towels. Included were new gaskets he bought, the installation instructions, transfer shifter sheet, new poly mounts, carb vent tube and the gears were already installed on the shafts!! Everything had been cleaned as well. Unbelievable. All for a very fair price as well.

This brings me to the ugly. I bought an EFI assembly with wiring harness. It is missing the DRL module and the airbox. The DRL module quote for a new one is $400 cdn!! There isn't an airbox to mount on top of the EFI body in all of Idaho or Washington.

I am still looking for an EFI airbox and a DRL module. If anyone has these parts and wants to get rid of them, I would appreciate knowing what you want for them.

Thanks for all your help out there. I am really getting anxious to get this thing on the road and dirt again!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-17-2003, 08:37 AM

Re: the good, the great and the ugly!!!

I think I can get a DRL control module. I've got an 88.5 Samurai coming to me in a little while.
You'll have to explain to me exactly what you need and where I can find it, but I'll PM you when I bring home the zuk.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-17-2003, 01:22 PM
SuziCrazy

Well first off.... the air box, simple fix, get an after market air filter. (This item was never spoken of, so how can you say it was missing?). Second the DRL module? First you told me it was a relay located under the dash now it’s the module? If your talking about the module that is located on the driver's side fender then you do not need it to run your lights. I'm running this setup without it, and didn't "modify" anything. All this unit does is turn on your light automatically instead of you having to turn them on manually?!? If you’re missing the relay, it's a generic $2 relay that can be found anywhere. I'll even ship one to you at my expense, since I agree that it should have come with the harness. This may have been over-looked by my part. Now I ask that you remove my information from your post, as I believe to have delivered everything as advertised. I cannot be held responsible for your assumptions and a used product that you bought a year ago. If this had been brought to my attention shortly after you received it, perhaps I would have been a little more capable of helping you out as I still had the truck here. I will apologies for the relay (if this is the item missing), and please let me know if it is, as mentioned above I will ship it ASAP.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-17-2003, 03:13 PM Thread Starter
Journeyman

First of all I want to apologize to everyone, including Mike if I have gone overboard. I am frustrated and greatly disappointed. I have sent Mike several private emails and never wanted to air our disagreements in the open like this. My main reason for this post is thank the people and vendors who have been extremely helpful to me and in my opinion went above and beyond. As you can see the majority of my post deals with that. Secondly it was to try and find some parts!! There isn't an EFI airbox listed in any junkyard in Idaho or Washington. The DRL module/relay whatever it's called is not available in the US. The price I was quoted is $400 cdn. Mike seems to think I don't need it, everyone else I talked to said there lights won't work without it and neither does mine. So I'm asking for help locating them. Several people have suggesting the DRL fix that turns off the lights. That fix requires the module.

So, once again I apologize, I just want my rig to run and not cost me an additional $300 or more which I don't have right now. Mike I removed what you asked.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode