hmm what to do first - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-12-2003, 12:21 AM Thread Starter

hmm what to do first

Okay ive been researching all the many things I wanna do and it seems that each thing requires you to buy this or that....and then another things requires you to get rid of that thing you just bought and get this instead.....so....

I think I need some help in deciding what to do first in order to stay productive and not waste any money. So below im listing my goals and the order I think is best...so correct any mistakes I make.

SPOA
1.6 16v swap(seems to be the best for the buck)
Power steering
yota axles
lockers
crossover steering
body lift - now I have about 10" lift
35" tires (maybe bigger)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-12-2003, 07:09 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: hmm what to do first

Nowhere in the list did I see gearing... I might make that my # 1 after my experience with zooks.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-12-2003, 07:29 AM

Re: hmm what to do first

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I think I need some help in deciding what to do first in order to stay productive and <font color="red"> not waste any money.</font color> So below im listing my goals and the order I think is best...so correct any mistakes I make.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not possible. You will always be doing and redoing things. Even if just because you will try something and find out you like it another way better. Change it again not because you have to, because you want to. This is part of what we call, "the fever". At first it sucks, but after a while you get used to it and begin to love it. Always sucks for the walet though.

The best advice I can give you is if you dont want to spend a lot of $$$ keep things basic. let's look at your list:
SPOA
1.6 16v swap(seems to be the best for the buck)
Power steering
yota axles
lockers
crossover steering
body lift - now I have about 10" lift
35" tires (maybe bigger)

SPOA - yes this is good but requires many other modifications to do it right (steering shocks break lines .)

The rest of this is good too but I would never put on a body lift. I would rather trim sheet metal and keep my CG low. And I would re-gear the Tcase before I did anything else. Best $$ I've spent so far and I've spent a lot of coin.

If I had it to do over from the beginning I would go with basic spoa, 31's, gears, and I would do a few things to my engine (header, air intake, carb mod). And that is it. You would be suprised to see how well this set up will do. Sounds too basic I know but at this point in a build up you could realy beat you rig and it will hold up. Once you go further you will get into changing one thing that causes another to break so you change that which causes another thing to break ....
I hope this helps,
F_T
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode